Iva listings appearing on Google

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
201 posts Page 6 of 14

Susie1

Post by Susie1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:24 pm
I spoke with my IP who has said that they will contact the insolvency service but who also urged all of us to make as much noise about this as possible. I will contact the ICO on Monday. I am also going to contact my original debt management company who got me into this agreement in the first place to see if they can put pressure on the Insolvency Service to hopefully get this website removed. I can't see how this website will help IPs or debt management companies to get the results they want by putting people in this position. I have requested that the company take my details down, sadly via email, which I now fear will leave me vulnerable to more problems but I am desperate to get this information removed. I am a little lost as to how to get this listing removed from Google itself and am unsure exactly which law this company are violating exactly, as legally this is public information. I really sympathise with everyone else's comments. I feel totally violated and really let down by the Insolvency Industry as a whole to be honest. Despite the fact that I have gone into my agreement in good faith, believing that eventually I would have paid my debts off using the IVA method, I have been totally and utterly hung out to dry and feel that we have all been left wide open to such a wicked, immoral company. I cannot see what they gain from doing this either. This is my worst fears coming to fruition. Dreadful!!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm
I have emailed insolvency service (insolvency.enquiryline@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk), emailed the Information Commissioner and contacted Google.

A quick web search this morning suggests that listings for this company are not as high as they were but I'm not taking anything for granted - linkedin etc. are now not options for me and I will have to consider how I advertise what I do going forward.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:56 pm
I will be in contact with my IP on Monday and also considering contacting our MP although I dont know if that would do much good. I think that we collectively need to put as much pressure on the relevant departments as possible to try and get this awful site removed. The repercussions of this information being so readily available on google are enormous. The whole thing is unbelievable.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:20 pm
The more you think about it, the more unethical this site is...and the potential for abuse, bullying toward listees and their children, families, etc because of it is very real.

Surely there are genuine grounds to have this site taken down???
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Susie1

Post by Susie1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:31 pm
One would hope so. Surely the whole system breaks down if people are afraid to use the IVA as a means of debt repayment due to lack of any kind of protection from unethical sites like this. We'd all be better off filing for bankruptcy and not trying to pay back our debts. At least it would be off the register after a year! If people fail their agreements because they can't make money as they can't advertise their skills and therefore find work, for fear of their financial difficulties going public and their families and reputations being at risk, the whole thing could very well fall apart. This cannot benefit the people who are involved in the industry itself, the IPs the debt management companies etc, it can't surely benefit creditors either, as they need to get their money back, let alone us lot trying to get out of debt! This situation is just untenable.

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 pm
Oh dear... another thing to worry about...

I'm not on there yet, nor is anyone I know who has actually been bankrupt. I guess it's a matter of time?

I've often wondered what the impact of people finding out about my IVA would be. Professionally, I'm not in finance and other employees have become bankrupt and now are doing very nicely indeed. Nobody I know has been in an IVA.

But one thing I've noted is that everyone I know who has been bankrupt is now enjoying nice holidays, good jobs and mortgages. Kinda gives me hope.

Incidentally, don't know if it helps but the website is hosted by these people: https://www.cloudflare.com/

Maybe we could complain to them?
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

daisymay999

Post by daisymay999 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:32 am
I have just searched my name on google and low and behold up it comes on this register. The fact that it gives my full address as well is very worrying. If you click on the button down the bottom of the website there is an option to remove the listing but when you do that it comes up 'we are redeveloping this page. Also there is an option to e mail them so I have done this as well. As if its not bad enough to have the stigma of an iva its upsetting to find out that all and sundry can now access this information.....I am fuming !

annierose

Post by annierose » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 am
The times I've been on my page it has a little box that comes up and says "this page is being viewed 9 times an hour" - I don't believe that but why is that box there?
apart from the record of my iva beging online forever in a simple search of my name its the personal details available which is worrying me- this is all the info someone would need for fraud purposes and the info we are frequently advised by police/government/banks not to put online!!!!!!
I've contacted the ico and Google but not sure when they will respond

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 am
Have just deleted my LinkedIn account.

This has got to be a data protection breach.,

Google are the ones who have the authority to remove this site.
Winter-Blues

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 am
The "remove the name" facility will never work. If everyone removed their names there would not be a website at all, therefore it isnt in the interests of the scum that put it all up in the first place. It has to be the authorities. I would have thought that it would be an amazing place for identity thieves to find information too. Maybe that would be another reason for the govt to consider removing the IR itself; even 192.com don't put full details out unless paid for.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am
This had me worried so just typed my name into goigle on a laptop (not smartphone as found results can vary). Theres no link between my name and this list. There are things with my name but theyre not actually me but other people with same name. Theres no mention of insolvency. very relieved to say the least.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by grimswold

The "remove the name" facility will never work. If everyone removed their names there would not be a website at all, therefore it isnt in the interests of the scum that put it all up in the first place. It has to be the authorities. I would have thought that it would be an amazing place for identity thieves to find information too. Maybe that would be another reason for the govt to consider removing the IR itself; even 192.com don't put full details out unless paid for.
Once the election farce is over we should start an e-petition to get this and the IR removed (or at least restricted access to the IR).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:29 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by abbiesmum2003

This had me worried so just typed my name into goigle on a laptop (not smartphone as found results can vary). Theres no link between my name and this list. There are things with my name but theyre not actually me but other people with same name. Theres no mention of insolvency. very relieved to say the least.
Have you typed in FULL name as listed on I.R. Mine didn't appear at first until I put middle name in.
Last edited by winter_blues on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winter-Blues

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am
Interesting coincidence ??

When I type my full name in they return a page of people with my mother's maiden name !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 am
I appear to share my name with some very important members of the establishment - that might just work in my favour!
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
201 posts Page 6 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”