Iva listings appearing on Google

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
201 posts Page 7 of 14

hubert

Post by hubert » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

I appear to share my name with some very important members of the establishment - that might just work in my favour!
Me too and I've thought the same thing before! There are quite a number of notable people with my full name. Google turns up hundreds of results.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:03 am
Oh c*** i am on it!!! Full name, date of birth and full address! Im livid! Ive not followed thread as thought i wasnt on it (dont have linked in) and thought wasnt involved. Who do we have to contact?? I cant have all that personal data freely available. Fuming! How can whoever it is get away with that?!!!!

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:40 am
Ive emailed ico

The support goigle website youve mentioned asks for evidence by means of a passport. Did you send a photo file??

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:01 pm
I took a photoshot of my driving licence and sent that. They don't want passport or photo.
Winter-Blues

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:03 pm
Not sure how quickly things will be changed, if at all. It's the address details that is wrong.
Last edited by winter_blues on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter-Blues

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:12 pm
It said about proof. I sent a screen shot of passport (minus my photo and passport number) just screenshot of name and dob.

Im livid my full details are freely available. Hopefully not many people will search fof me and not many know my middle name!!!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:38 pm
Now I see why there needs to be a right to be forgotten.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:04 pm
When you click on the `REMOVE` tab it now takes you to a page where the site claims you can report any inaccuracies and that they will correct them and `their team` will investigate in 1 to 3 days...`and if your bankruptcy or IVA has expired` they claim they will remove your listing.

There now seems to be a link where you can `report` something you are not happy with.

Whether they will react if you contact them I guess is another matter.

They now also refer you to the insolvency register for cross reference and have now also added a direct link to the insolvency register that you can click on.
Last edited by Goosed on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm
Hmmm. I think as they are only using "public information" they may be able to list this information. But I'll email them. There are similar sites like "company director check" but I object to address details being on there.

Thanks Goosed will have a look.
Winter-Blues

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:32 pm
From new stuff added to their pages:

"However we understand that some people have reservations about details being easily accessible on the web and are happy to prevent BankruptCheck pages being found in search engines – we are updating our service to allow you to freely “opt out” and this should be live by early April 2015." - not sure how this matched with the assertion that everything is in the public domain

"Bankrupt Check is not registered with the UK’s Data Protection Act as the information presented herein is ‘public record’ and thus falls outside the scope." - they are listed as a company in Georgia

The information provided on Bankrupt Check is amalgamated from a variety of sources. We aim to provide the most comprehensive dataset in the industry, however this is dependent on the level of information filed in the public domain. Bankrupt Check sources data in good faith that the content is accurate, and therefore cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of inaccuracies on http://www.bankruptcheck.co.uk

"Bankrupt Check provides individual insolvency data as a guideline. We advise our visitors to express caution when entering into decisions based on any data presented herein, and if in doubt seek legal advice." - in other words not their fault if worng

Not sure if the insolvency register will like this bit as it says it is supporting the governments transparency agenda and I dont like the assertion that if I work for myself/running a company that I am doing anything wrong as both my IP and accountant would tell me if that were the case:

The idea behind BankruptCheck is simple – to make it easier to access government data for anyone with an internet connection. The UK government has been slowly opening up its datasets and placing them online as part of a slew of policy changes. The intention being to allow greater “data freedom”. BankruptCheck fully support the UK government’s pledge and this website would not have been possible without such a commitment.

Insolvency data in England & Wales is available to view by the public, as part of the Insolvency Service (“Insolvency Register”) – often called the IIR – which is maintained by UK government. The IIR lists current IVAs, DROs and bankruptcies. Scotland & N Ireland have a separate system (see FAQs).

BankruptCheck believe that it’s extremely important to make this kind of information presentable to anyone who wants to view it, particularly if the insolvent individual is involved with business & trade. As they say, knowledge is power. As the Insolvency Service itself says: ‘Breach of an [insolvency] is a criminal offence and anyone with concerns about an individual should be able to satisfy himself or herself whether or not the person is subject to an iBRO, BRO or BRU’.

BankruptCheck compliments the government’s commitment to “open data” and access to information in the 21st Century.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:34 pm
The bit that says they are not bound by data protection act is horse 5hit.

I suggest everyone contact the ico via this link to have them shutdown. They by law are bound by the rules of the data protection act.

https://ico.org.uk/concerns/

Here is the form to fill in also and send en mass
https://ico.org.uk/media/report-a-conce ... g-form.pdf

I would use this information to complete the form.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Domain name:
bankruptcheck.co.uk

Registrant:
Jared Fischer

Registrant type:
Non-UK Individual

Registrant's address:
3rd Floor
45 Jamaica St
Glasgow
GLASGOW
G1 4QG
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Registrant contact details awaiting validation

Registrar:
eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-Feb-2015
Expiry date: 18-Feb-2016
Last updated: 18-Mar-2015

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
hank.ns.cloudflare.com
lily.ns.cloudflare.com

WHOIS lookup made at 15:39:50 29-Mar-2015

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2015.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whoisterms,
which includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.
Last edited by longslog101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:52 pm
Also if you check the domain on enom it says;
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>

Bankruptcheck.co.uk is Registered with one of our resellers

Please contact our reseller for assistance. Here's how to reach them:
Provider Information:

Namecheap.com
http://www.enom.com
8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732
Westchester , CA
+1.6613102107
support@namecheap.com
So probably worth emailing that domain provider too to let them know that they are hosting data illegal on UK citizens which does not comply with data protection act in the UK and as such you have contacted your legal representatives. You would appreciate of they would provide you with accurate details of the owners and contact details for the registered owners of the domain such that legal papers can be served and the UK regulators can contact the appropriate persons. In the absence of this data papers will be served against them directly.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:04 pm
I will certainly be on the case tomorrow but I really fear that it will be too late for us now. My husband works in a senior position for a very large financial institution and his details are being accessed all the time for his work. My gut feeling is that we should literally cut and run now because our family will be ruined. I can't believe that after 4 years of pain and slog (and paying £80.000 plus) that we are being treated like this. Obviously a lot of others will also be feeling the same pain but I can honestly say that I've had a severe migraine since this issue came to light and I think those ....... responsible will end up with blood on their hands.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:10 pm
Don`t know if it`s a temporary glich on their site, but the map feature which shows where you live is not there anymore and at the bottom of your listing was a postcode link to click on for you to see other bankrupts with the same postcode prefix, that`s gone too.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm
They have published so much personal identifying data which is not freely obtainable online. I am livid that this is out there and available to the world to see. I might as well just advertise it on my facebook page and let everyone know my business. The fact my full address and date of birth is there for all to see simply by searching my name is outrageous.
201 posts Page 7 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”