IVA Mail

7 posts Page 1 of 1

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri May 30, 2008 11:24 am
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone else had mail from companies saying "We're concerned that you may not have been told all the facts about your options". It basically invites you to take up a free consultation to either renegotiate or withdraw from your agreement and says about the fees charged.It also goes on aboutthe four year clause.
I had a call from one company, then a letter from Blair Endesby (my company) warning me about this and asking me to send them any letters I recieve. On Tuesday I recieved one of these letters from a company called Integrity Financial Services. What frightens me most is that the register is open to the general public and they state in this letter the date of my IVA, the company I went hrough and the court where it was passed. The whole world now has access to my details which is uncomfortable - mind you identity fraud shouldn't be an issue - anyone who would like my identity is welcome to swap I don't have anything left worth taking!!!
Should I send the letter to Blair Endeby?
Chardonnay

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri May 30, 2008 11:33 am
Yes Chardonnay, send it to your IP. Ignore it. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:00 pm
Yes, send it to your IP. We are all concerned on here about the register and the fact that everyone can see it.

Andy has a petition going on the No.10 website if you fancied signing it Chardonnay.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri May 30, 2008 5:50 pm
If it will do any good here is the link to the petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/InsolvReg/

But bin it, it's not worth the paper it is written on, or forward it onto your IP
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri May 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Hi All,
Just signed the petition. I realise companies need to know and that's not a problem - it's the world and his wife seeing all my details - address, etc, etc - that bothers me. My sister was horrified when I told her. She's financially OK, but felt for me and all of you it should be changed.
Hope everys a great 7 cheap weekend!!
Cx
Chardonnay

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri May 30, 2008 8:19 pm
Yes, it is horrifying the amount of data on the register, and we wont all have bad credit ratings in the future, but it is personal data which could be used later on to commit identify fraud.

I was thinking about registering a CIFAS marker just to protect myself as all my details are there which could be used.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Sadly just another example of cold calling Caerrie. IVAs etc. are booming business for some, just like selling double glazing really! Such correspondences really just reflect the overall situation of how our personal information is just so easy to come by. I suppose we can't really blame businesses for jumping on the bandwagon, where there may be a quick buck to be made.

Debbie
Debbie
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”