IVA & Matched Betting

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Pied piper

Post by Pied piper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am
Has anyone any experience of matched betting an IVA's? My husband has been in talks with Step Change since June about organising an IVA. It has been a long process but now they finally seem to have all the information to proceed they have informed him that because there are transactions on his bank staement from Bookmakers they are unable to use them. He now has to send over 3 months staements that are clear from 'gambling' transactions which will take us into May. A whole year since he strated to obtain an IVA. He doesn't gamble but we do Match Betting to generate an extra income. Is this information correct?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:56 am
I think the time taken to get this far would have prompted me to speak to another firm who might want to to the job ! On the betting question: The odd flutter isn't a problem, but creditors will not want to see you regularly gambling with their money and match betting is still gambling.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Pied piper

Post by Pied piper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Foggy wrote:
I think the time taken to get this far would have prompted me to speak to another firm who might want to to the job ! On the betting question: The odd flutter isn't a problem, but creditors will not want to see you regularly gambling with their money and match betting is still gambling.
I am still inclined to get him to usesomeone else as I think they have been awful. I have almost completed my own IVA and I'm sure it didn't take more than a couple of months to arrange. Not sure how we go about approaching someone else though.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:52 pm
Pied piper wrote:
Foggy wrote:
I am still inclined to get him to usesomeone else as I think they have been awful. I have almost completed my own IVA and I'm sure it didn't take more than a couple of months to arrange. Not sure how we go about approaching someone else though.
It should take a couple of months on average. If you were happy with yours why not give them a ring ... or the number up on the top right of the screen.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Pied piper

Post by Pied piper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 pm
Foggy wrote:
Pied piper wrote:
Foggy wrote:
It should take a couple of months on average. If you were happy with yours why not give them a ring ... or the number up on the top right of the screen.
Mine was with DFD but now waiting for the cc from Aperture Zzzzzzzzz. Not sure what Aperture are like as a company as my IVA finished 2 months after it was transferred. I think I'll give the number a call and see what they recommend. Thanks for your help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bonus, overtime, pay rises and windfalls”