iva meeting adjorned

13 posts Page 1 of 1

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Fri May 30, 2008 4:43 pm
our iva was declined by our creditors.... due to our mortgage payments being too high £1050/mth, they said we could rent for less, which is true.

We put our house on the market, at the start of the iva process, however due to current housing market, not one offer yet. We are prepared to rent

Our iva provider has managed to have the meeting adjorned for 2 weeks, whilst a new proposal is drafted, saying that once our house is sold, we would be renting and have more money available to put into the iva.

What is the likelihood of them approving our iva on this basis?

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Fri May 30, 2008 5:07 pm
Are you on interest only mortgage?

Do you have any equity?

It maybe possible to reduce your mortgage payments this way and also offer equity release in year 4

Just a thought,

Kirsty
Kirsty

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Fri May 30, 2008 8:02 pm
thanks for comment. we are already on an interest only mortgage, and have minimal equity, due to house prices plummeting in northern ireland, only bought house a year ago and already price has dropped by approx 10-15k. Our iva provider had included in the proposal that we would do a 6 yr agreement, due to lack of equity.

suppose all we can do is cross our fingers (or win the lottery! [:D].... dream of that every day)

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Fri May 30, 2008 8:04 pm
Sorry,

Hope all works out for you. fingers crossed

Kirsty
Kirsty

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 pm
This must be really frustrating for you, what a pain.

Fingers and toes crossed that you can find a solution.

Debbie
Debbie

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Hi
Sounds a positive proposal to me
Good Luck
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 pm
Surprised at that, we are paying £1233 per month mortgage, repayment. We also have a secured loan on the property. Have a litte equity but not a great deal. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about selling our house. We were accepted in April.

In fact, we have to ask permission if we want to sell our house.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Sat May 31, 2008 12:29 am
we decided to sell house, and rent, to try and free up a bit more money towards iva, we have approx 42k debt and proposed £250 per month over 6 yrs, which was not acceptable. Our main creditor being Alliance & Leicester, being approx 50% of debt.

Though i wonder what will happen if we can't sell house within a stipulated time... due to current housing/mortgage crisis at the minute. We bought house last yr for £250k, now worth £235k approx... and probably decreasing in value every day... we have £220k mortgage plus £5k fixed deal fee to pay out of whatever we manage to sell it for.

Do these companies not realise they are forcing people who are more than prepared to pay a substantial amount of their debt off, into bankrupcy........ leaving no winners.... as they won't get their money back..

J.

tell you what though, its a good weight loss programme [:I] have ate a few pieces of fruit and a couple pieces of toast today.... felt so gutted at the rejection today.....

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat May 31, 2008 12:34 am
Hey ji ni, welcome to the forum. Please don't fret, you musn't stop eating. I think, from your first post, that the offer would be acceptable. You are doing everything you can to offer the best return, that's all the creditors can ask. Good luck and keep posting for advice and support. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sat May 31, 2008 12:37 am
what you dont want to do is lower expenses to try and raise the payments each month 6 years is a long time keeping to a tight budget and i mean tight [xx(]

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Sat May 31, 2008 12:42 am
its just so hard knowing what to do to be right.. total minefield all this... but iv found this site really helpful in last 4 weeks, even though i haven't posted much. Its' hard to accept that things have got to this stage.

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sat May 31, 2008 12:45 am
but as you have said if they take a comparison of payments from an iva and then bankrupcy the dividend they are going to recieve is much higher so i wouldnt lose hope just yet maybe get a surprise soon i hope gl

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 am
You have taken on board the creditors objections to your first proposal and addressed them. In general I see acceptance as pretty likely, so long as the overall proposal is sound.

Ian
Last edited by ianmillington on Sat May 31, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”