IVA Meeting today...

16 posts Page 1 of 2

traceyag

Post by traceyag » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Everyone,
I have my IVA proposal meeting today, and am anxiously sitting by the telephone awaiting the outcome...
Just wanted to thank everyone on the Forum for all their valuable advice - I decided to look into the possiblity of IVA a couple of months ago after having struggled with debts over the last ten years, until it had come to the point where I just could not cope with it anymore. The Forum was brilliant! I really researched thoroughly about IVA's reading lots of comments from everyone here.
In the very first intial stages I changed my bank account, cut up those awful Credit Cards, opened up a new basic bank account, and obtained a Prepaid card, all this before even deciding on IVA...all thanks to the Forum. I have been fortunate that I did not receive many calls from my Creditors, but have to say the ones that I did decide to answer were actually nice people at the end of the phone, once I had explained that I was in the early stages of IVA process the calls stopped. I have had the odd letter from Creditors chasing for payment...but not to the extent of harassment that some of you on the Forum have endured.
My advice to anyone who is experiencing difficulty with debts, is not to bury your head in the sand, this just makes the situation worse. Face it head on, and please read everyones experiences and advice on the Forum before deciding which route to take.
I would like to wish everyone on the Forum a BIG thank you...not sure how the Meeting is going to pan out today, but without your help I would not have even got this far. xx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 am
Hey tracey, good luck for today, I'll have my fingers crossed for you, please let us know the outcome. Don't forget to keep posting. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

traceyag

Post by traceyag » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:32 am

Many thanks Viki, I have great news - Just received the telephone call from my IP and my IVA was accepted...I am so relieved I just sat down and cried....the last couple of months have been horrendous I have been so stressed it has made me ill, I think I look 10 years older! Here is to a new chapter in my life 'no credit for me again' just good old fashioned cash from now on.
Again a huge thank you to everyone on the Forum xx

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 am
Many congrats!!!!
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:33 am
Congrats from me too [:)]

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm
Congratulations from me as well. This Christmas will be a nice, stress free one for you.[:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

fifilebonbon

Post by fifilebonbon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm
Tracey that's fantastic news - really it has brought a tear to my eye! Well done you and goodness what a fabulous (if not well thought out financially?!?!) Christmas you will be able to have now! I am in the early stages of the IVA process and your story sounds very similar to mine so fingers crossed in a few weeks time I will be able to post similar good news along with my other newbie IVA friends (Fergie, Brown Lizzie, Billy, Uptomyneck..to name a few)!!! Well done hon and huge congratulations. [:)] I really hope you have a stress free 5 years ahead of you now! Who was your IP by the way and did you have a complicated case?? Big hugs and have a big drink for me tonight!!! Fi xx
Still gathering info....but hope to be on the right path pronto!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Fantastic news, well done from me too x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:13 pm
Congratulations and good luck for the future x

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:37 pm
whhhooopppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

traceyag

Post by traceyag » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi Fifilebonbon,
Thank you for your kind words....yes it could not have come at a better time (but will still have to keep an 'eye'on the pennies)[:(]
No my case was not complicated at all - I started to think about possible IVA route at end of Sept, did alot of research about it and took a lot of advice from the Forum members about changing bank accounts etc and then made contact with an IP - obviously Bankruptcy was discussed but at the time did not feel it was the 'route' for me, and I wanted to pay back some of my debts. All in all it took about 6/8 weeks from IVA proposal to my meeting which was held today.
I do appreciate that I have been very lucky with timescales, as I know sometimes the process can take much longer for other people.
I decided to set my IVA for 72 months, which I feel for me is more realistic with regards to future repayments.
I truly understand that debts and worrying about how to pay them is very stressful, but today is a new start and my advice to anyone going through the early stages of the IVA process is to hang in there, take each day at a time and there will be light at the end of the tunnel xx

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:21 pm
Great news tracyag. Well done and all the best. A great relif isnt it. Have a lovley evening and relax after all the stress.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:37 pm
[:D]..Congratulations traceyag on getting your IVA approved,really pleased for you,that didn't take long at all!!!..Ours was a lot more complicated and took 6 months in total[:0]and it was approved on Nov 13th,we were absolutely thrilled when we heard,such a relief as it was rejected 8 days earlier[:(]..we also have ours running for 72 months so we will be finishing the same time[:D]...I hope you will continue to keep posting and have a lovely evening celebrating with your favourite tipple[;)][:)]..xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:31 pm
Congratulations Tracy, that's fantastic news. Really pleased for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

pixie

Post by pixie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:22 pm
A big congrats from me too, great news.
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”