IVA On-Line

6 posts Page 1 of 1

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:51 pm
I know this is probably a crazy idea but wouldn't it be great if you could access your IVA "account" details on-line - much like your current account?

This could show a history of payments made, claims received, dividends paid out etc etc. With just the annual report it is possible to feel a bit "in the dark" sometimes and it would be very reassuring to see confirmation that all your payments have been safely received and banked.

Plus - who knows - it might even cut down on the number of routine telephone enquiries received at I.P.'s offices!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:09 pm
Hi
I think that will come,but in many years from now.
IPs in very large companies are still sending out dividend cheques hand written.
The industry is moving towards BACS payments,a TIX requirement,and I guess we will eventually see a paperless IVA from start to finish.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:28 pm
That is an interesting prospect, you can already do a mortgage on-line and that`s the biggest financial commitment that most of us will ever make, everything seems to be moving along with i.t.

I personally think that having a one on one with an experienced knowledgable individual where your finances are concerned is paramount.

The people that I work with are the same ones that have been with me for an age, knowledge and experience like their`s is more important than purely entering figures with a keyboard.

F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Principal : All Mortgage Products

www.debtadvisorybureau.co.uk
www.allmortgageproducts.co.uk

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:04 pm
Hi Welsh Boy-

Good Evening.

I can understand the big advantage of the face to face meeting with your IP when (or before) your IVA is set up (I never had such a meeting but have no complaints on my experience to date) but was really thinking specifically about after the IVA is approved. The company or IP could then put all the details in respect of the particular IVA onto the web and Mr. / Ms. IVAer could then access it to put their mind at rest. These details could be updated as appropriate.

To be honest- and I know this is 100% ridiculous- I would like to receive a monthly statement (like with Credit Cards or Current Account) to show every transaction on my IVA.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:57 pm
I am sure that your IP would e-mail one to you if you requested, although I hardly think it is necessary. Why not keep a record of your own, and update this every time you get an annual report.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:27 pm
Hi Melanie -

I think you are right really - it is unnecesary as I see the money go out on my bank statement!! I think its that I have just had a couple of days off and my mind is full of IVAs!!!!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for november”