IVA paid off, Grant Thornton won't close it

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
41 posts Page 3 of 3

kimbers

Post by kimbers » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm
Thank you everyone for your advice ive had the worst time dealing with this company. Every thing has been taken on board and I'll be going through the complaint procedure. I just can't get over the fact that they had nothing to do with my iva yet they are giving me hell. Anyway you've all be really helpful thank you.
Kim

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 pm
whilst the asset under trust existed at the time of the debt and was due to it, that can be only as long as the debt exists. Staute states that unsecured debt can only recoverable for a period of six years from the last payment made. After that time it's as if the debt never existed. I cannot see how they can calim for PPI for a debt that no longer exists. It's possible to suggest the the creditor is not legally entitled to it, under the provison of statute, which is an act of parliment. Just my thoughts any takers?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 pm
It would certainly be worth running with that in court, sponge -- but getting the funding to get that far is, as you know, like finding rocking horse droppings.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lionatus

Post by lionatus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm
I have the same problem. Meeting held on April 2012; final paperwork sent through and signed from MDC in Sep2012 along with a Notice Of Completion and a letter stating my obligation is ended.

GT gets in touch saying MDC transferred my file; I query and find out its still ive. CHecks IS and credit refs and it is live. Waits it out as reporting meant to end SEP2013 still live?????

Apparently MDC only sent the completion paperwork to me and not creditors and IS but the meeting for that was in the April which the letter states all parties agreed to. GT also states problem with VAT refund, April letter states VAT refund was already received????

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:00 pm
WTF!?!! Does this mean my IVA may not be closed as I thought as they have to wait it out for the PPI to be paid to them??? I really don't care about the PPI considering it was one of the key factors of why the debt was so high in the first place, I just want this nightmare over and done with so we can get our lives back! I thought GT were one of the best companies out there but now the horror of it all starts to emerge! WTF!!
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

Phil.lw

Post by Phil.lw » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:38 pm
I had this problem. Finished iva aug 2012. Recieved cc and and final report oct 2012. Check credit report year later and its was still on there as was as still on the iva register. Got in touch with MDC Who told me GT were dealing with it. phoned Gt who explained about the PPI claim from a 3rd party company. Was waiting ages to get the paperwork. In the end I just got intouch with the insolvency service who gave me an email address for Iva closures and emailed my papetwork to them . My iva has now dropped off the register. It as also dropped off my credit score. Use this email address EAIPS.NIS@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk send a copy of the letter from mdc. Final report. Cc and statement of receipt and payments. Let me know how you get on. Good luck.

lionatus

Post by lionatus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:46 am
Sure thing. Just emailed now. Might take a couple of attempots. Using hotmai, how did you attach your docs?

lionatus

Post by lionatus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:07 pm
Cheers Phil. I went directly to the IR and stated that my file showing as active is an error as I had paperwork proving IVA had ended(basically went to Insolvency register and looked myself up theres a report error button at bottom). They asked for images of paperwork so out came camera phone. Just been told by IR via email my case has been updated and will take 24hrs to process.... Happy days.Hi, You case has been updated but it will take 24hours to update. Kind Regards

Phil.lw

Post by Phil.lw » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 pm
Great news. You just need to send copies to the eqifax. Call credit and experian and the iva should drop off the report ask them to check the register once your name is off. Also send copies to your creditors. With the creditors check your credit file to ensure all accounts have been satisfied and check the default dates. If the default date is after the iva start date ask them to change it. Im'm just waiting for accountvto drop off. Let us know how you get 1on.

komakino

Post by komakino » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:10 pm
Can anyone clarify this rule please? The IR site states that safisfied IVAs are still visible up to 3 months after completion. Is that even if it's been more than 6 years since the start date?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm
Yes -- the IR has nothing to do with the 6 year time limit -- as long as the IVA is active it will appear on the register and will be removed within 3 months of them being officially informed of the issue of the completion certificate.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”