IVA Process Started

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
626 posts Page 2 of 42

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:14 pm
Thanks Melanie.

I realise Angela will be new to my case on Monday and have attempted to give her a full and clear explanation of my case to-date and will furnish you with all the details you require.

Have a couple of questions still but will fire them at Angela....or Tina (lol) on Monday.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 am
If I can answer them for you over the weekend, e-mail them to me. It is no bother.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 am
Thanks for the offer Melanie, may do but dont want Tina to feel I have forgotten about her lol.
Last edited by Pennyless on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:15 pm
She does get very jealous!!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 pm
Mel lol.

Well received my written valuation on my house from a local estate agent today and have forwarded to Angela. Will be obtaining a second market valuation next week and still await a decision from NR whether or not they will allow me to change to Interest Only on my mortgage.

Heres hoping.

Still not completed my "Easy Step Guide On How To Realise the National Debt" but I expect to have all documentation by wednesday so know it must be done this weekend for inclusion......just fills me with fear everytime I look at it!
Last edited by Pennyless on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am
Well should be obtaining a further valuation on the house today.

All creditors are now fully paid for Aug debts so all equal and therefore have today cancelled all Direct Debits. Now just have to wait for the telephone calls...doh.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 am
Good luck Pennyless for the journey ahead, I hope it's a smooth one and I can confirm personally you're in safe hands
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am
Thanks Lesley.

Just been informed by the Co-Op bank that I registered with that they also do a bi-annual dividend for using their bank and also stores. Costs £1 for lifetime membership and the £1 gets taken from your first divi so costs nothing!

Every little helps as they say and I have yet to take in that I can ring a bank and actually speak to someone in the UK!
Last edited by Pennyless on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

pog1234

Post by pog1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am
Good luck pennyless....you seem to be at a similar stage to us. We signed our proposal on Friday so are now awaiting the date of the creditors meeting.
Very happy with our transition to Co-op banking however just spent over an hour tesco shopping online...in the hope this would help with budgeting but it would not accepty my Co-op cashminder account card! How very annoying I guess it comes up on the online system as an electron. I have never had a problem to date using it elsewhere.
Gosh.....life is so much easier!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 am
Good luck to you too pog, that is annoying re the card not being accepted after spending over an hour shopping online!

Not sure if any others with the Coop account have the same problem.

Pennyless I too am always amazed at the improved customer care I get since I changed bank accounts.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 am
Not far behind you Pog. Still to have my proposal compiled. Did it take long from first contact to proposal....then again I suppose it depends on how long it takes to aquire all the relevant info for the IP?

I managed to get a Co-Op current account (one up from cashminder) as I wanted use of a cheque book and in addition I received a Visa Debit Card, which I think are more widely accepted than the Electron. Also registered for Internet banking today.

Can you tell me which Company your with for your IVA?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 am
Tesco online definitely doesn't accept Electron. Apparently they have told people for the last couple of years that their technical department is looking into it, but nothing yet.

They also said the reasoning behind not accepting Electron is because it's offered to under 18s and therefore they may be able to order alcohol online. I find that strange as Sainsburys will accept it online...

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:30 am
I guess that's an interesting point Skippy re the alcohol

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:45 am
I don't know if it's true or not, but what's to stop the little darlings getting mum or dad's credit card and ordering in their name anyway?

And since when have Tesco had a social conscience?!?!?!

pog1234

Post by pog1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 am
Pennyless, we first approached Andy Davie back at the begining of July and he gathered papers and forwarded onto IVA ADVICE BUREAU. Susan Clay is our I/P so has taken about 8 weeks to get to this stage.
Proposal signed and returned on friday which on their receipt will be circulated to creditors. The creditors meeting will be set for a date no less than 16 days after circulation and we should hear the date for this soon.
We have £83,000 of unsecured debt and are offering £430 per month.This is a low return but am hoping the creditors will accept as they will receive nothing in banckrupcy as we are in negative equity with no assets.
I am expecting them to qibble with some of our expenses on the I&E, two of our children attend an out of catchment school and the cost for public transport exceeds the max entitlement. We have also asked £34 to cover our Denplan which also exceeds the guidelines.
We have already started to live within our means and are both relly enjoying seeing our bank account in credit for the first time in years!
Gosh.....life is so much easier!
626 posts Page 2 of 42
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”