IVA process starting

2 posts Page 1 of 1

nathan_mitchell

Post by nathan_mitchell » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:44 pm
Hi Everyone,

I've finally made the intial step and taken a reality check and have started the 'process' for an IVA.

I'm 26 years old, have a steady job and income and live at home with parents. All seemed to be okay before i realised how much i was spending and using cards and loans to fund a lifestyle most would desire.

Having now had a reality check and thinking ahead for the future, i dont think a loan for £25k would be the answer to my problems, as it would mean yet more payments for at least another 8 years+

I work a fair distance from home (60 miles round-trip) so me having my car is essential to me working.

My question to anyone on the forum is, would i be required to sell my car as part of the IVA deal? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but because i haven't had the forms come through as yet, i think it is more nerves than anything, so any reassurance i can get is appreciated :) My fiancee who is aware of my situation has suggested she raise part of the money from the sale of her car (worth approx £9k) but i would rather see this one through myself.

My IP who i've spoken to at some length over the phone has estimated that on current earnings i will probably be making payments in the region of £300 per month.

Cheers,
Nathan

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 pm
Hi
Your car will be ok as long as it,s not extravagant or expensive.You need your car for work and it needs to be reliable,remember it,s got to last five years.Make sure you budget for maintenance costs.
Good luck with your IVA
Regards

Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”