14 posts Page 1 of 1

dmss

Post by dmss » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:09 pm
iva rejected guess by who n rock now what we gonna do help

kezza

Post by kezza » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:10 pm
Sorry to hear your news,

Unfortunately you are back at square 1 with 1 less option,
Go back to debt advisor and seek your next path. It's not over till the fat lady sings
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:12 pm
Did your ip say why NR rejected ,is this your ist creditors meeting,mine was rejected ist time as nr said we hadnt had loan long enough,but apparantley that isnt always true,it depends on circumstances and how good an offer you propose.
I am truely sorry that this has happened and i no how desperate it makes you feel.
I think if you can find out why then it will help you decide on what action and what options are open to you im sure an expert will advise.
Goodluck

bigpete

Post by bigpete » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:17 pm
Northern Rock, is it me or are they not too bright? seems that on these forums loads of potentially successful IVA's are failed because of Northern Rock. Surely by them refusing it lets down (not only the debtor) but because Bankruptcy may follow stops the other creditors getting 'something' instead of the 'nothing 'from BR - what is it with them?

Andy2

Post by Andy2 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:46 am
I would be interested to know this as well. I know Northern Rock offer a product called the "Together" mortgage which comprises both secured and unsecured lending at the same interest rate. Is this what people are having trouble with - including the unsecured part whilst maintaining the secured part ?

dmss

Post by dmss » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 am
thanks for all your responses nice to know were not alone, iva rejected as nr thought they could get more money if i sell my house or do a dmp, personally i think they trying to bring an end to ivas well im tempted to go br but i love my house so a dmp it is hopefully again thanks for the kind words wish you all the best of luck for the future yours truly dmss

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 am
Hi dmss we have the together mortgage,and after the ist time they rejected the 2nd proposal they said the same thing we should sell our house,even though there is hardly any equity,they would loose out,as in BR the only people to benefit are us the debtor,as at least we will be free to start again,but i no from reading posts how traumatic people feel going down this route,we offer our creditors as much as we can afford,ok we got into debt but this happens and rather than the creditor except we are doing our best to pay back what we can,they reject i really cant understand the logic.In BR they get next to nothing.
Like you we love our home,and we will try to hang onto it so im racking my brains as to what my next move will be
Goodluck
Tracy h

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:25 am
Apparently

N rock offer really low interest rates and dont make that much on individual loans, I think that means they work on quanity, so therefore they are not too happy with IVA's

LILY

I asked God for a solution and have to live with his reply.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:40 am
You also need to look at the quality of the proposals, and ensure that you are putting best feet forward. I have not had any IVA's rejected with Northern Rock as a creditor.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:02 pm
Hi
I think anyone contemplating an IVA with Northern Rock being owed 25% or more of the total debt should choose their IP very carefully and look to use a "non factory" IVA provider.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk
Andam Davies

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:39 pm
I understand that but surely our ip should no if they are putting a good viable proposal forward,unfortunatley melanie they are not as thourough as you.
so what we think is exceptable,and pin our hopes on should probably not be put forward if the ip knows that its not going to be excepted.
I understand that it involves more than NR at a creditors meeting but if your main creditor is NR then if your surplus income doesnt give them the amount that is exceptable why would your ip put it forward in the first place.As you say you have not had any iva s rejected because if you looked at a proposal and felt it wasnt viable you would tell your client and advise an alternative to iva.
It would surely save everyone so much stress if all ip s were like you.
Tracy.H

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:43 pm
Hi Tracey

It is not for you IP to say no, but for the creditors to make such decision.

No-one should ever pin their hopes on an IVA being successful. Creditors will view each case on its own merits and make a commercial decision taking account of those individual circumstances and the way the account has been conducted historically. An IP will never know in advance whether an IVA will be accepted or not, but our job is to make them as attractive as possible and fully explain the circumstances, and the downsides of the other options.

I have also not turned away any clients with Northern Rock as a creditor - and would not do so as everyone deserves the same chance.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

dmss

Post by dmss » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 pm
we offered 47 p in the £ but still nr rejected it they had 27 % of vote all other creditors voted to accept

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:09 pm
Hi dmss we offered 45p and as i said earier they still wanted our home,but as melanie said its based on individual circumstances.
Are you resubmitting your proposal.If so i really do wish you good luck for the future
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for march”