IVA second time around

28 posts Page 2 of 2

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 31, 2008 7:22 pm
That's crazy. My biggest creditor was LloydsTSB, I owed them some £40,000 ... and they didn't even vote, either at the original IVA creditors meeting or the recent F&F offer. My IVA was accepted at 26p and my recent F&F at 19p.

Debbie
Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:25 pm
I often wonder why they don't vote? Don't they care? That's the impression I get, which makes it all the more annoying when they keep on with the bullying phone calls.

They could at least take an interest in what happens.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat May 31, 2008 7:27 pm
Hi Janderson
I would get a second opinion off another IVA provider before deciding on your next move.I would look to a smaller practice with direct contact with the IP
Regards
Andam Davies

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 pm
I would agree with Andy's advice ... and I don't think it's that they don't care that they don't vote but moreso that we are all only really little fish in a huge ocean of what is monoply money where the financial instutions are concerned ... I am quite sure that they all have much bigger fish to fry.

Debbie
Debbie

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat May 31, 2008 7:52 pm
There are more restrictions under BR than going through a IVA, such as being able to vote, do jury service, be a company director or school governor all apparently are not allowed under BR but allowable in a IVA.

I agree about the stigma being taken away from both BR and IVA's though.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:00 pm
It just isn't fair. You are exactly the same person, so why shouldn't you be able to do exactly the same things? You are a much safer bet in either IVA or BR than someone with their head in the sand!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 8:02 pm
i totally agree kallis!

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

jpj

Post by jpj » Sat May 31, 2008 8:03 pm
Janderson...My IVA was accepted at 18p in the pound (and my full and final at 18p in the pound)!![:D]

I would be tempted to Speak to Melanie Giles(on holiday at present),she seems very good at rescueing IVAs from the cliff edge! she may advise you to wait a wee while then try again..im not sure!!

Dont give up hope!

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat May 31, 2008 8:06 pm
agreed, and at least we are doing something positive to resolve the problem and we get branded as second class citizens.

I mean if it were anyone else, the world and his dog would be up in arms about identity fraud with the iva register. I mean you only have to look at the HMRC scandal of late when discs of data went missing. But because we are deemed insolvent it is suddenly ok for all our details, name address and date of birth to be branded on a unsecured internet site.

A ticking timebomb after 6 years when all this is behind us.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:08 pm
As far as I know there are no restrictions on voting or doing jury service if you're BR.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm
Inaiva, I do worry about what will happen once I have completed my iva. Having had credit card details stolen twice (no fault of my own on either occasion I hasten to add), I am very careful who I give my details to. In six years time, anyone can use stuff they have taken off the register.

What I will probably do is register with Cifas. At least then if anyone tries to get credit with my details, it will be looked into more deeply.
Bob Marley.

Chris.z

Post by Chris.z » Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm
You can definitely vote if you are bankrupt[?] - Don't know where that one has come from!

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat May 31, 2008 8:23 pm
Sorry, I've no idea where I've heard that about voting but it appears to be a urban myth.

As the IVA will stop any credit being taken out at the moment I'm not too worried, it is when its all finalised those records will still have been made available before hand.

It scares the heck out of me, I will definitely be registering with CIFAS when my IVA is completed.
28 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for may”