IVA settled - what to do now?

8 posts Page 1 of 1

seanc

Post by seanc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm
Hi everyone, I settled my IVA last year and got my certificate of completion on the 15th October 2010. I have just checked on the insolvency register and my name is still on it(it does say "IVA's will remain visible while they are Current, and for a period of 3 months after the receipt of notice of the revocation order, full implementation or termination of the agreement")
How can I get this removed?
Secondly how do I go about informing the 3 main credit reference agencies. I have sent letters but my defaults are still showing?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 pm
Hi and welcome.

Congratulations on completing.

You need to get in touch with the IP company and tell them to inform the Insolvency Service that you have completed.

As regards defaults, anything registered before IVA acceptance will remain on your record for the full six years, as will the IVA. If you have any on there after the start date, write to those creditors and tell them to remove the defaults. The agencies won't remove them just by you writing to them, it has to come from the creditors.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:06 pm
It might take a while for your name to be removed from the Register ... I know they are having problems with IP contact details and such, and I haven't yet appeared on the Register (not that I am complaining), so there might be some sort of backlog building up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

peterb

Post by peterb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 am
First you should contact with IP and solve this problem, You are clear from your side but might be something wrong from there. Otherwise you can contact direct also but its better to contact with IP.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 am
The Insolvency Service will only remove a record once the IP tells them the IVA has been completed as far as I am aware.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

aikens

Post by aikens » Thu May 05, 2011 10:04 am
Once your IVA is completed, the IP is obliged to advertise their organizations completion. Department of Trade and Industry will be notified, and the Court Service, along with Creditor Reference Agencies. IVA will be fixed, but your record will still show up until 6 years will expire.
Last edited by aikens on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insolvency Services and Debt advice from Licensed Insolvency Practitioners.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 pm
Your IP will only inform creditors, Secretary of State and court that the IVA is complete.

It's down to the individual to contact the Credit Reference Agencies to get that updated. If it is creditor details on the CRA that need amending you need to write to each creditor seperatly.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm
Quite agree TheMatrix. Much as we would love this to happen, it is down to the individual to sort out the CRA's.
Bob Marley.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”