Iva stressful process

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Wheredidigosowrong

Post by Wheredidigosowrong » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 am
Hi
I am new to this all and I’m finding the process stressful and my Iva hasn’t been approved yet !
I started off with a really good company they were brilliant now I’m dealing with vanguard and finding them really stressful
Does this all calm down once the Iva is in place because at the moment I’m really questioning the company. I know I have to do this but the process is really making me loose sleep.
We have all our figures in and my husband who is disabled has just been told he can now get a mobility vehicle so I’ve imformed them but said what we will be saving on insurance and tax will still not equate to the amount we submitted originally for his payment. They are now saying they may have to cancel the meeting of creditors etc. Quite frankly they are now stressing me out more than the debt lol.

Any tips on how to get through the process before acceptance because we have to sort my husbands out after mine has been accepted
Thanks
Sarah

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:12 am
Wheredidigosowrong wrote:
Hi
I am new to this all and I’m finding the process stressful and my Iva hasn’t been approved yet !
I started off with a really good company they were brilliant now I’m dealing with vanguard and finding them really stressful
Does this all calm down once the Iva is in place because at the moment I’m really questioning the company. I know I have to do this but the process is really making me loose sleep.
We have all our figures in and my husband who is disabled has just been told he can now get a mobility vehicle so I’ve imformed them but said what we will be saving on insurance and tax will still not equate to the amount we submitted originally for his payment. They are now saying they may have to cancel the meeting of creditors etc. Quite frankly they are now stressing me out more than the debt lol.

Any tips on how to get through the process before acceptance because we have to sort my husbands out after mine has been accepted
Thanks
Sarah

I would say that, if you are unhappy with the firm at this stage (when they are usually pulling out all the stops to sign you up), now is the time to look for someone you are happy with. Once you sign up you are stuck with them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Wheredidigosowrong

Post by Wheredidigosowrong » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 am
Hey
Thanks for reply
I have signed all their paperwork etc already so figuring we are stuck with them the Iva thing has just come at a bad time for us as we have a few changes in our lives going on
The lady we are dealing with seems ok but has to check everything and doesn’t seem to be able to give me any kind of answer there and then the waiting is the worst I’m hoping once we settle into payments then it will be better
We seem to have a reasonable amount not excessive so I’m hoping the meeting goes through ok
I get stressed dealing with flappy people think we may just have to ride it out and hope for the best

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:34 am
Wheredidigosowrong wrote:
Hey
Thanks for reply
I have signed all their paperwork etc already so figuring we are stuck with them the Iva thing has just come at a bad time for us as we have a few changes in our lives going on
The lady we are dealing with seems ok but has to check everything and doesn’t seem to be able to give me any kind of answer there and then the waiting is the worst I’m hoping once we settle into payments then it will be better
We seem to have a reasonable amount not excessive so I’m hoping the meeting goes through ok
I get stressed dealing with flappy people think we may just have to ride it out and hope for the best

You are not bound in until the creditors meeting (assuming they accept). Unfortunately, it is pretty much industry standard that the call handlers are under trained and cannot actually deal with any query other than by taking a message ! This is why I advocate smaller firms where you can speak with an IP direct, or at least a trained case handler.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Totally agree with foggy that now is the time to stop the process and seek additional and alternative advice if you are unhappy. You need to be 100% confident with your IP and IVA company as they are your best friends for the next five years... doubts now really do send alarm bells ringing to me. Best to step back and seek other advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”