iva-synergi

27 posts Page 2 of 2

neverending

Post by neverending » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:06 pm
Firstly a CCJ will be at your home address not work,this is a scare tactic and is appalling.Even if a CCJ is registered against you it will take one month from the date that the court agrees it and this will take several weeks at least.However an IVA will overide all this even if it has been registered,so try to not worry so much.
You really have done all that you can but you need to badger Synergi on a daily basis,take names of who you spoke to etc.They hold the key to your problems.Be firm,polite but above all persistant.
Regards
Andy Davie

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:13 pm
thanks for the reply never ending, i thought it was a scare tactic but getting so wound up at the moment everything makes you worry, i do speak to the same person at synergi they put you in a blue team first don't know what for and then they move you to the red team and you deal with the same person in each team when you telephone,
i will keep badgering them as i feel it has gone on for too long.
thanks scaredkez
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Perfectly worried

Post by Perfectly worried » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Hi Scaredkez - I am too with synergi and i just wanted to know have they asked you for any money or have you paid them any money, whilst they are processing your IVA As i mentioned before they said to me two months ago that they would want 358 off me, which at the moment i have not received any instructions for my bank etc and the money is sitting in my account (too close to xmas)..

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:18 pm
Blackhorse will be referring to an attachment of earnings order which they can apply for if the CCJ is obtained.
The other more common tactic for unsecured creditors is to seek judgement in order to apply for a charging order which means there debt becomes secured and therefore not covered by an IVA.
It is important to put presure on your IP to get the process started asap....... backlog or not !
If Blackhorse do start this process it is important not to ignore the paperwork etc.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 am
hi perfectly woried, i have paid upfront with synergi they made me pay at first in the way of 2 cheques for £533 per month then the 3rd month a standing order was set up for the same amount and then they adjusted it to £234 for october so don't know yet what next months payment will be.
in regards to black horse i will telephone my ip again today thanks for the advice.
scared kez

neverending

Post by neverending » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:14 pm
scaredkez
Just to clarify.
If you are sent documents regarding the creditor seeking a county court judgement then respond to it after taking advice from your IP.
The summons will be at your home address and not work.
Storm is quite correct about the attachment of earnings order but this only happens if you do not pay the agreed monthly figure set by the County Court judge.
Regards
Last edited by neverending on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Davie

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:06 pm
update i have phoned synergi several times today and yesterday regarding black horse, get through to reception but the person i need to speak to is always in a meeting and will ring me back, still waiting is anyone else that is using synergi having this problem, i did say to reception that iam still awaiting a call from yesterday and she said she would pass the message on, i haven't had this problenm before with them lets hope it is a 1 off
scaredkez

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:28 pm
finally got through to synergi today after i had received a very nasty phone call from morgan stanley who are now threatening litigation, they told me synergi have said that they are looking for the creditors meeting mid december, they said that is far too long away( hadn't informed me nor have i had the proposal yet) when i spoke to them she said that was right and the ip was taking my file home tonight.i asked her about black horse and she said she is still trying to get through to some one other than those in the call centres, i am getting really depressed with the whole thing, petrified that its not going to be accepted.
scared kez

neverending

Post by neverending » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:56 pm
Hi scaredkez
Well you are making progress compared to a few days ago.Another phone call to Synergi before the weekend would be a good idea.Keep at them.They will probably earn approx £8500 from setting up and supervising your IVA,for that money I would take your file home EVERY night and fall over backwards to help you.Wouldn,t you ???
Be a wasp in their ear until they sort it out.
Regards
Andy Davie

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:06 pm
hi everyone even more depressed now than ever synergi telephoned my husband today and said they have the draft proposal ready and will be posting it out tomorrow, but they are concerned about northern rock our biggest creditor as we will only be offering 34p in the £ and they feel that there maybe a chance they will reject the proposal they are hoping that black horse the next biggest creditor will be on our side, if not i don't know what is going to happen the total debts with everything in is more near £80k so alot more than we thought, i was hoping because our mortgage is with northern rock they may see that in the long run they will get a far bigger return with that although they won't get all the unsecured debt of £30k, they siad they have upped the monthly payment to £500,to try and help, i am not bothered about that as initially the debt councillors said it would be £533, really worried now that it will get rejected and we will face bankruptcy and lose our home.
scaredkez

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:28 pm
update, my proposal has now been signed and sent back to synergi, so i am now waiting for the creditors meeting, just hoping northern rock is going to accept, fingers crossed.
to throw a spanner in the works i had a lovely telephone conversation with a lady from thomas charles last night, she had been trying to get hold of me as i asked for advice when i joined the forum.
she advised me she wouldn't have put me forward for an iva first as my expenditure each month with 3 kids was much more than what synergi have allowed and we will be struggling greatly if we don't get the overtime in so very confused at present, she thinks we would have been better on a DMP first to try and get our income up a bit more, well i have had to go for the iva as i have paid £1400 up front and can't afford to lose that, i know it is going to be a struggle and have no one else to blame but myself for the mess so will have to see what happens at the creditors meeting.
scaredkez

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:40 pm
Hi Scaredkez,

It is completely normal to feel stressed and scared, but try not to dwell on a decision that has not yet been made.

Try to think of the positives, like the fact that you actually made the decision to get your head out of the sand and work towards a debt free future. That is to be commended.

If your IVA does get rejected there are other options, with bankruptcy it is not a guarantee that you loose your property.

Loosing your home in bankruptcy usually occurs when you have no or little equity in the property or if you cannot come up with a cash equivalent.

Please continue to post, so we can be updated on the outcome of your IVA.

Hope this information is of use

Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”