Iva

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Minnie’s

Post by Minnie’s » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:13 pm
I am totally new to all this . We r meeting with an insolvency practioner on Wednesday . I never thought my hubby and I would ever be in this state of affairs. We feel physically sick , stressed scared and don’t know if we will even be accepted for Iva . Do you feel better when u r put on the right track . We have never missed any payments but our finding it so hard to make ends meet . I hope we can get some feedback as we feel very alone with not knowing what path to take
Many thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:49 pm
Hi. You will go through the whole range of emotions -- this is normal. It is quite a step to take. Most of us here would say we wished we had done it sooner, rather than years of juggling and just making it through each month.

It is not an easy path, but, with the right help and the right attitude it is definitely do-able. I am 5 years out the other side and still debt free and even have a modest amount saved for that rainy day :-)

You are not alone --- we are all here with you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 pm
I had never missed a payment, I just struggled. A lot. Prior to the meeting of creditors I was told to make token payments, and live under the IVA budget. In hindsight I wish I hadn't paid at all that month.

It's just me, so I don't know how things will be in your situation, bring in a couple, but I have found my stress levels have changed dramatically, in fact my blood pressure is now normal at the doctors, when previously it was always high over the last few years. I do still worry about something happening with my pet and needing urgent vets treatment (although she's insured, often treatment is same as excess so not worth claiming) I am looking forwards to Feb and March and being able to save my council tax, usually I would have spent it, but the extra will be a nice cushion.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:13 pm
Hi minnie, a well known feeling by most of us. I never missed any payments, but was taking on more debt to pay the bills and really day to day costs for food even. Your IP is going to throw all sorts of jargon and options at you, just try to be calm and take it exactly what is being put to you. Once you have paperwork you need to put aside the TV for a full night and read and digest every section of the proposal, question everything you don't agree with or see as being not what you thought it was. During this stage don't worry about your debt's these are now superficial to getting your IVA proposal right and right first time and in writing.
Remember we are here, we don't know everything but between us we can give good and sound advise, a little bit of comfort when needed, no booze though!
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:32 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
no booze though!

Aaawwwww :-(
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 am
Hi - lots of debtors tell me it's a huge relief once we have met and I have gone through all the options with them.

You will find out what option is best for you and, if it is an IVA, whether the IP thinks it is a viable solution.

This should be the first step to sorting out your finances and hopefully starting a clean slate, one way or another.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:15 pm
Foggy wrote:
MerlinL14 wrote:
no booze though!

Aaawwwww :-(
Unless Minnie composes a beautiful post on the forum that is seen to be of benefit to all and Foggy hits you up with a £25 high street shopping voucher! It happens :D
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”