Iva wasn’t the right solution for me?

Meet the experts that answer your questions
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Rp41635

Post by Rp41635 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:23 pm
Recently had a call from one of my creditors and they have advised that I was miss sold my Iva as I had never missed a payment and wasn’t in arrears on any account, I also wasn’t given the advice to ring my creditors to ask about freezing interest and charges.
Not one account had gone to debt collectors.

I now have an offer of a move to New Zealand with work and have full sponsors to make the move.

I have someone willing to pay the Iva off for me.. I am 20 months into my Iva.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 pm
I would take claims of mis-selling with a pinch of salt -- the creditor cannot make that judgement as they are not aware of all of the facts and circumstances.

When I took my IVA I wasn't in any arrears .. I just knew I couldn't keep it up as credit usage was increasing and I was using credit to pay the bills. Payment history is not relevant. Nor was I advised to ring round and try to make offers or freeze interest --- and I spoke to 4 different firms before going ahead.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Marty171

Post by Marty171 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:52 pm
I had never missed a payment either and I had a Excellent credit rating before i started my IVA.

I entered my IVA as all my wages was going towards my debt and i was getting in more debt to pay off the debt i already had.

As far as I'm aware how many payments you had missed wouldn't have any baring on whether or not you were miss sold and IVA.

You could always make a full and final offer to clear the IVA, the usual format is your currently monthly payment X amount of months left, this can be lowered a bit as a full and final does save creditors on admin fees and stuff.
IVA Started 07/07/2017
F & F Accepted 06/09/2019
Completion Certificate 16/12/2019

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 am
Even if full and final is agreed by creditors your credit history will continue to show the iva for balance of 6 years from its start date - not sure how detailed they look into financial matters for people moving into New Zealand.

Hopefully you have this sorted and your move can take place - it sounds like a great opportunity
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:27 am
Here is my short videos on F&F's which you might find helpful.

Best of luck.

https://youtu.be/h4dozq9aGak
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Meet the experts”