I've been advised to take an IVA out. Part of my divorce is I keep the house.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Hayley.38

Post by Hayley.38 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 pm
I've been advised to take an iva out. I have separated from husband part of my divorce is i keep the house but in 8 years I either apply for a new mortgage or sell. I have been assured that if I take out an iva now it will be off any credit checks and will not in any way effect my chances of obtaining a normal high street mortgage? Also the equity clause worries me my mortgage at the moment is for £113,000 my home has been valued at £130,000. On my current wage I can(if I could pass credit checks) borrow £46,000 having to put up the rest form else where eg parents. I am worried that if the equity goes up on my house how do they go about claiming it for the equity clause, do I have to apply for a remortgage? or do they look at your income? Im just worried that the more equity if they make me release it whether i get turned down or not, would that then effect my chances of getting a mortgage in 8years (In 8 years my youngest will have left school and my husband will no longer be financially responsible for her).
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”