I've been repossessed!!

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 pm
Well folks, I've had a really exciting week so far (as you will also see in my next post)!!

Some of you may recall that I have had a problem with getting the lease company of my car to come and take it back. I hadn't made a payment on it since last May and despite numerous telephone calls, registered letters, requests from my IP etc. the lovely car had remained outside my house, valid tax disc having run out last August and two flat tyres.

Well ... on Tuesday morning when I opened my curtains at 7am I noticed a white piece of paper tucked under the wiper and I thought it was a "we will buy your car" notice of which there has been quite a lot of during this time.

At 2 mins past 7.30am (apparently they are not allowed to knock before 7.30am) my doorbell rang and I opened it to two hunky men.

"Mrs McGregor?"

"yes"

" We've come to repossess your car"

"Oh, thank goodness for that", I exclaimed "at last!"

The two hunky men were somewhat bemused to say the least "we don't usually get that kind of reaction" said one.

"As you can see", says I "it has two extremely flat tyres and I haven't had chance to clear it out".

"Don't worry, we'll do that for you madam", they smiled [:)]

And so I took them out a cup of tea and laughed my head off when I saw that they had put a huge bright yellow wheel clamp on one of the wheels that had the very flat tyre!!

"It's not going to go far with the flat", says I laughing my head off.

"No madam, sorry about that, it's just that we don't usually get the same response from most people as we have from you this morning madam. Can we borrow your portable tyre inflator that we've just found whilst clearing out your boot to pump the tyres up?"

"Be my guest", says I

And as they drive off, they wave and say "You've made our day madam"

And I'm thinking "thank God for that".

It struck me after they had gone that Monday was the deadline for them to put their claims in to my IP for the F&F.

[:)]

Debbie (next instalment to follow)
Debbie

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm
That tale has made me chuckle Debbie! And what a lucky girl you are to have two hunky men at your disposal so early in the morning!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:05 pm
Eaxctly my thoughts Melanie!

Debbie
Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:05 pm
My son does this job Debbi, if it were him I'm glad to hear he was polite, he goes all over the country him and his work mate. My son only does it on a casual basis for extra income and they get paid so much for each car recovered. They often leave here 1am to travel to various places. Glad that is sorted now for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”