I've just made that call and I'm a little scared!

11 posts Page 1 of 1

ainslie1

Post by ainslie1 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:15 pm
After struggling like mad and working all the hours I could, my work has reduced our hours by removing ALL overtime making me think oh booger - now what? I knew the mounting debt was there, I am not a head in the sand kinda gal, but I just worked harder. Damn cut backs!!!
Anyways, violin away; can anyone give any advice. I am happy with the IP company I have chosen, am now just settling down for the paperwork and the start of a very scarey procedure...eek. I'm sure I've done the right thing though (?)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:23 pm
ainslie, you have done the right thing. You have admitted your problems which is a step in the right direction, and you have now started the ball rolling.

I am sure it won't be long before your IVA will be in place and you can start on the road to debt freedom.

I felt better just for having got things moving, and I love this site because it answers any questions you might have and you have lots of friends who are in the same boat as you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Fri May 23, 2008 3:36 pm
The paperwork seems more scary than it actually is, when I first saw it after a hard shift, I just didn't want to know.

Give yourself time to read through it when you're feeling relaxed and it really is quite self explanatory. Don't be afraid to question parts of it that don't ring true, especially on income & expenditure. Once you have posted it all off, you will feel a great sense of relief, matched only by the feeling you get once accepted.

Best of luck [:)]
IVA completed April 2013

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:41 pm
Beans, I don't think anyone can describe that feeling! I haven't felt that happy in a long time.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri May 23, 2008 4:15 pm
You have done the right thing, you could not go on much longer the way things were. I think, regardless of whether it's an IVA, DMP or BR, everyone has doubts about going through with it. Well done for getting this far, a few more steps and you'll be well on your way to being debt free,
Good luck
xx
It's nice to be back......

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:57 pm
we're 2 payments into our IVA and its the best thing we've ever done.. actually see hubby now as he was working 12 hours 7 days a week.. luckily, now he has no overtime, IVA came at the right time or we would have drowned..

Good Luck..
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Fri May 23, 2008 7:26 pm
It's great to be able to turn down an overtime shift. This time last year I worked every hour I possible could. I was permanantly knackered!!!
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 24, 2008 5:23 pm
ainslie

you wont look back - it honestly is the best thing we have ever done!

i am more relaxed, hubby is too and more importantly he can have a day off each week too instead of having to work all the hours god sends, just to pay the minimum payments on credit cards for the interest to go on and owe the same almost as before you made the payment!

you have done the right thing and soon all this worry will be behind you!
am not saying it will be easy but you will have a budget to stick to and enough money to live on!

good luck

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 24, 2008 8:53 pm
Well done ainslie ... you have definately done the right thing.

Do stay in touch with the Forum and let us know how you are getting on ... we are all here to support you on your journey [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sun May 25, 2008 10:50 am
Hi Ainslie, I too have asked myself the same question many times. The answer is most definitely YES! Even though my IVA hasn't been approved yet, as it is still in the early stages, just to have shared your problem with others and receive support is an amazing feeling. You probably feel that you are in quite a dark place at the moment, as did I, but by taking the first step and admitting that you can't continue with the way things were, you are 3/4 of the way there. Having the benefit of the experts on the forum is fantastic as they are all willing to advise you as far as the law stands, and those who are not experts are just fantastic and are also full of knowledge as they are all in the middle of their journeys and talk from real experience. I hope that helps, if we all keep posting with our updates, then other people benefit as you may have just answered a question that someone else was worrying about. Take Care Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Best thing I did to sort out my debt problem, and really was the only option for me, that or BR and I really did not want to go down the BR route.

Good luck and don't let that paperwork put you off, it looks worse than it is, really.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”