Job loss

4 posts Page 1 of 1

NOMONEY82

Post by NOMONEY82 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm
I am about to be made redundant which means I will have no income until I find a new job and with the current climate who knows how long this might take. Does anyone know whether creditors will be quite lenient with this or what the procedure is?

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:03 pm
Hi there and welcome

If you have just lost your job and cant afford to pay your unsecured creditors (ie loans, c cards etc)for a short term then its best to write to them and advise them of your difficulties. It will be necessary to maintain payments to secured or priority debts though.

Can you post more details of your situation and I am sure one of the professional experts will be able to offer more.

I really hope that you can get yourself back on track very soon.

Best wishes for now.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm
Hi Nomoney82 and Welcome to the Forum..I am sorry to hear that you are about to be made redundant,it's such a worrying time at the moment for most...I only work for a small company of about 40 people and they have just laid off 6 people..I really hope you manage to find another job very soon..Keep posting and like Lily says,if you can post a few more details,one of the professionals will be able to advise you..Good Luck[:)]..xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

NOMONEY82

Post by NOMONEY82 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm
Basically I have been with my employer for a year which means no major payout (1 weeks pay) boy do I wish I worked in the public sector as I would have got more ANY WHOOOOO let me not dwell on that. I have until Jan 15th to find a new job as that will be my last payment. I don't even know how to work out my cost of living Energy bills have sky rocketed, childcare bills are the same expensive. At the moment I think I need help with forward planning, whether it be calculating benefits or taking my kids out of nursery.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”