juggling things around its got out of hand

2 posts Page 1 of 1

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:49 pm
I have run up debts of 60000 becuse of illness & being out of work through this.. i am on the road to Recovery but have be trying to juggle things around and its got out of hand. i am not behind with anything yet and all my payments are up to date, but when i start work in 2 weeks time the credit cards i have bilt up will be to mutch so would IVA be an option thanks

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:39 pm
Hi lucy and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear that you have been ill. You know the majority of the creditors think that people are proposing IVA's simply to get out of paying their debts, when in my experience it is usually a sequence of genuine events such as yours which produces the problem. Glad to hear that you are getting better.

An IVA may be an option for you, depending upon how much disposable income you are likely to have when you return to work. Also, an analysis of your creditor claims will need to be carried out, as certain creditors do like to see a higher dividend return than others.

I suggest that you seek professional advice from either an insolvency practitoner or debt management company. I can recommend all of the contributors to this forum, who have websites posted, but you may also like to try your local Citizen's Advice Bureau where I think that you will need to make an appointment.

Good luck in your search, and don't forget to keep us informed of your progress. Thank you for posting.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for february”