Just about to start

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 pm
Hi All

Been mooching on here for a while now as well as digging about on the net for as much info as possible, gets to be obsessive after a while. This seems to be a great forum with lots of practical as well as expert advice[:)]

Been though the I'll get a loan to pay it off, then get another......and...., using that card to pay this one, to "I paid them last month so miss them and pay them instead".

Anyway there seem to be 3 options in alphabetical order, bankruptcy, DMP or IVA. This is where the next big step comes, how do I decide which IP to approach for good advice?

There seem to be a few horror stories of IP's "not acting in the best interest of the debtor". No offense to the IP's who post on here because you are well regarded both here and on iva.com. If you are good at your job you will be in demand so I could end up with the "dross".

Also peeps on here refer to "our" IVA when referring to a couple, seems contradictory to the Individual in IVA, is it possible for a couple to have an IVA?

Sorry if the questions seem daft but you got to start somewhere.

Cheers for any help

Mac
The only way is up

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:35 pm
Hi there Mac and welcome to the forum

With regard to your query about married (or unmarried couples!) there is no such thing as a joint IVA, but you can propose mutual and interlocking IVA's which rely on each other, where one affordable contribution is made jointly and where both sets of creditors agree to receive the same dividend.

As to choosing an advisor - why not have a look at my blog which might give you some pointers and questions to ask when you have decided where to go.

Good luck in your search.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 pm
Melanie worked wonders for us!
Check out her link; we would highly recommend her!
Blue

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 pm
Hi Melanie

Thanks for the quick reply.

That clears up the "our IVA" question then.

Cheers

The only way is up
The only way is up

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:42 pm
BlueShoes wrote:

Melanie worked wonders for us!
Check out her link; we would highly recommend her!
Blue
Thanks BlueShoes I will do just that.

The only way is up
The only way is up

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:52 am
It is always recommended that you contact 2-3 IVA companies before moving forward. The ones on this site are all legitimate companies.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 am
Hi Mac,

It is best to do your homework and contact a couple of different companies when looking into an IVA, this will give you re-assurance and cancel out any ill advice.

With some more information we could advise further. How much do you owe? Who are your creditors? What is the amount of your disposabl income (income minus living expenses)?

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am
Hi Mac,

You can find some companies on this site. Could you post some more information about your debt situation? How much do you owe to your creditors? Do you own a property?

Regards,
Michelle P.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for august”