Just got credit!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Garguilo443

Post by Garguilo443 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:44 am
Hi guys
I have been sorting out my credit score which has increased! after 6 years I just thought I would try applying for credit and got £200 with a catalogue. (Which I won't be spending) My name is still on the insolvency register I have sent them my completion certificate and they said it would take 5 days to remove but it's been 10 and it's still there I want to apply for a mortgage does my name need to be off this register before I can look into this or do they just look at my credit score! :D

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 am
Hi -- you do need to be off the Register, as the IVA will still show on credit searches until you are off and the Insolvency Service report to the credit reference agencies. You will also have to check the CRA files ( all three) to make sure what should happen actually does !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:07 am
It can take up to three months to come off the register. If you are looking at a mortgage you need to contact either Shaun or Ryan (details under the experts link) and they can hopefully help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 am
We completed a remortgage with Select Partnership on Thursday this week. They were fantastic and I would highly recommend them. We completed nearly 3 years ago, off the register, clean reports with all agencies and have a very competitive rate mortgage with a High Street Lender.

There was a small fee to pay but we didn't want to have to explain the IVA over and over to different lenders or run the risk of a refusal ruining our newly acquired good credit ratings.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 am
Great news Relieved and best of luck with the new house. It certainly makes sense to use someone who knows which banks will and will not help as otherwise numerous searches could set your credit file way back. You are now debt free with a High Street mortgage and this shows that IVAs are not the end of the world and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:02 am
Great news!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”