just had collections man at the door HELP!

25 posts Page 1 of 2

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:44 pm
hi ive just had a man acting for barclaycard at the door for my husban i told him he was working away and to come back next week , it was awful and i think its just the beginning we are in the process of completing online forms for br but i am worried its to late now cos they have started calling PLEASE HELP NOT SURE WHAT TO DO THANKS X

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:45 pm
If you have decided to go bankrupt, do it as quickly as you can to avoid unpleasant things like this happening again.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:55 pm
how do i aviod it , as i have been told that i can take quite a while to get an appiontment with the court to go br is there anything i can do in the meantime x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 pm
When do you think you will have the forms and cash ready for your br? Don't suppose there is any harm in contacting the court and booking in now if you know an approx date.
It's nice to be back......

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:07 pm
will have forms done this weekend and can scrap the money together now if needed just worried that if the courts give me date weeks from now dont know what to do is it to late to offer payments to deeps them from calling.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:08 pm
It is never too late to give your creditors money - but only if you can afford to.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:10 pm
well hes been working everyday for the late few weeks to get money for br so will have to use a bit of this as i can not cope with people comming to the door im worried cos if they call in the week were both in work and the kids may answer the door.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:11 pm
Don't pay any of your creditors. It could be seen as preferring one over another or you could offer a token payment to all your creditors so they are all the same. If your brave enough you could always just tell them your in the process of filing for br, they may try to push you for a payment but you have to stand your ground and say no.

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:12 pm
if we told them we are going for br would they not send people round again?

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:21 pm
They might, but then you can threaten to report them for harassing you. They cannot by law harass any client for payment, this includes sending people around without court orders.
See this from a previous posting
DO NOT IGNORE

IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE UNDER THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ACT 1970 TO HARASS A DEBTOR

THIS COULD INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

· Calling at the debtors premises repeatedly or during antisocial hours
· Attempting to contact the debtor at work or any place other than the contact address given
· Attempting to contact the debtors family, friends or neighbours
· Advertising or making the debt known to any third party
· Any other manner defined under the Act as ‘calculated to subject him, or members of his household to alarm, distress or humiliation’

IF YOU UNDERTAKE ANY ACTION WHICH MAY CONSTITUTE HARASSMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU AND YOUR PRINCIPALS

THIS COULD BE IN THE FORM OF

· Reporting your company, your principals and named individuals to the Police
· Reporting your company and your principals to the Trading Standards Office
· The seeking of an injunction under the terms of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997
· The seeking of damages and costs under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by chris.g on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:24 pm
if they got court order would we have known about this beforehand or do they turn up with it ?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Have you spoken to your local court sjw? Not all courts have a waiting list, in fact with mine you turned up on the day and were dealt with on a first come first served basis. If they do have an appointment system make an appointment but keep ringing them to seem if they have had a cancellation.

sjw

Post by sjw » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:34 pm
will do ill call them first thing monday x

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:58 pm
Hi
This guy is just a doorstep collector,just tell him that you are taking legal advise as you are insolvent and will not be paying anything.
Not easy I know,but he can't do anything other than go away.
Regards
Andam Davies

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 pm
Stand your ground sjw.
We didn't have to make an appointment, just turned up like Skippy. You might have to wait a while but at least you will get it over with.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for march”