just had collections man at the door HELP!

25 posts Page 2 of 2

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:42 pm
What a horrible thing to happen to you sjw ... but try and be confident that in by addressing your debt situation through bankuptcy you are acting within your rights and such visits can be considered harrassment.

If I were you for the interim I would look out the window before opening the door to anyone ... and don't open it unless you know who is at the door and instruct your children firmly to do the same. Hopefully you will soon have the bankruptcy sorted and all this kind of awful thing will be a thing of the past ... and you will have a fresh, stressfree start.

Good luck

Debbie
Debbie

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:59 pm
sjw, you will have to devise a code for the people you want to call. Get them to knock once, pause, then knock again.... rat ta ta tat.....rat ta ta tat, lol [:D]
It's nice to be back......

sjw

Post by sjw » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:25 pm
troulble is no one knows about our situation we have not told family or friends we havent answered to phone for about 3 weeks and have told everyone its broken and been using our mobiles, i always tell the kids not to answer the door anyway but im worried that they well leave the back door unlocked when they let the dog out and someone will enter, have told them a million time to make sure its locked but you know what kids are like. and typically its half term so there home all week.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:47 pm
I remember what it's like. We moved in Nov last year so the creditors don't have our new phone number but I still dread answering it, just incase!!! One of our creditors has since found out our new address and they have started to send payment demands, even though we have been br for nearly 2 mth!! [:(]
I hope you don't think I was being flippant about the code, was just trying to bring a smile to your face. [:I]

sjw

Post by sjw » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:02 pm
no cos i didn't chris it would actually have been a good idea if anyone had known although i probably wouldnt make it out above my dog barking it head off every time someone knocks lol
sue x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 pm
Ha, that might be your answer....set the dog on them....lol
xx

sjw

Post by sjw » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 pm
he did back away abit when she started but she's as soppy as they come really all bark no action lol x

TREES57

Post by TREES57 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:40 pm
Hi just wanted to sympathise with you.I had my Provident agent call on the Thursday night before Good Friday.They had been made aware of my situation and the course of action we were taking, however he proceeded to tell me that the'office' thought i was making up the whole thing as they had heard nothing, to stall making payments and was generally unpleasant and embarrassing(nosy neighbours etc)I told him i would contact my IP asap and get them to ring the local office as perhaps they were dealing with the head office.The most hurtful thing is this agent was very friendly when we were paying them and i felt most guilty about failing the payments.It just goes to show that it's all about commision and it shows how gullible i am to think that we were friends of sorts! Anyway i didn't like to bother Angela at Melanie's office over Easter so i phoned her last Tuesday and she told me not to worry she would deal with it.It was such a relief but i'm now on tenderhooks as we have a considerable number of creditors.The only thought that keeps me going is i'm certain that i'm in good hands with Melanie's team . So please keep your chin up your not alone xx
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE !!

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm
I'm with Melanies team also Trees, I'm postive we are in good hands!! Hopefully things will get sorted in the not to distant future.. but I know they do there very best!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

sjw

Post by sjw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:52 pm
thank your trees, in some ways it make me get on with things as in a mater of 3 days i have completed the online forms for br and arranged a courts date for myself and my husband. you definately seem to be in good hands with melanie's team and i hope things turn out as you would like them to , good luck
sue x
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for march”