Just have to tell someone!

42 posts Page 2 of 3

lily

Post by lily » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:50 pm
No offence taken Stones, its just that Jane has had a tough journey with BR and its great that she has at last come to the end, IVA/BR. Its all hard.
lily

mike.s

Post by mike.s » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 pm
Great news Jane, wishing all the very best for a happy future.
Mike

The Stones

Post by The Stones » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm
Jane
I would like to re-iterate what I said this am which was well done on your DBR.
I would also like to apologise if I caused you any offence by asking you how you were discharged so quickly.
Again, well done

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:27 pm
I am not offended at all. I admit bankruptcy has been very hard on my family, but really we did not have any other option. We initially decided to go for an IVA, depending on the sale of our house, (negative equity) and the shortfall we proposed to put in to the IVA, but we were unable to sell the house, the secured loan company refused to lift the charge and we could not exchange contracts. We were stuck. I also came to realise the IVA payments were just way too high to manage for 6 years, so we did what was right for us and our peace of mind and that was to go for bankruptcy. If we had careers to protect or wanted to keep our house, we would have pursued the IVA option more rigorously, I think, but we had to do what was right for us in the end

The Stones

Post by The Stones » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm
Thank you Jane for replying.

I didn't feel we had a problem earlier and we passed simple comments, but I have opened up a new thread to discuss so please take a look.
Our circumstances are not too dissimilar. We are in this mess because we couldn't sell our house. My feelings now are, its just bricks and mortar and you can make a home anywhere. I do miss the house/cottage but we do have our health and we are still together, through all these problems many people do divorce, so well done too for staying strong, I know it is very hard. We've had to go through our story alone, with no support from family etc, we've found that people's response is its your own doing so we don't tell anyone, it's almost like living a lie.
Anyway thanks for getting back and i'm sure you'd enjoy a bottle of something fizzy!

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 pm
I feel the same, so alone, I only told one family member what was happening to me and they betrayed me and told an old friend who traced me onto another forum and said some awful, disgusting things to me. I will never forgive them for that and so I have not told anyone else about the bankruptcy, I have not even mentioned it to my parents about any of the stress or difficulties we have faced. It’s very lonely being a secret bankrupt, I have not had a notice in the local paper, don’t know why, can only presume it was an oversight so no-one knows about it!

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:18 pm
Hi Jane

Glad things are going in the right direction. As per my other posts I am too going for the bankruptcy option. My husband feels the same as you and doesn't want anyone to know, he feels like a failure. I on the other hand after reading the posts on here feel that there is nothing to be ashamed of. We have made mistakes and we pay for those mistakes, it may not be in cash but with the turmoil we go through. I would much rather be in a position to pay off my debts than go through what I am going through now.

I have begun to feel proud of myself for taking the actions which will give my family a future. I respect your decision to keep this to yourself but please dont feel that you have done anything wrong.

Good Luck with everything x

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:33 pm
So very pleased for you Jane as Lily said you have had a very sad and stressfull journey.
Good luck to you and your family for the future

Tracy

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:11 pm
That's really good news Jane x

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 pm
[:D]
Great news ---

ED does seem to be a bit random ..
me - ED after 5months 11 days
positive equity - house not sold but Im not in it
paying an IPA

weird huh !
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 pm
jane what fantastic news,i am so pleased you got through this, i know it has been a long hard struggle and hopefully you, hubby and family can start to get back on with your life, i am still in my house but do have a few yrs grace fingers crossed, but do understand what you have been through, so once again well done for getting here.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:06 am
What great news Jane - at last you have some good stuff to report. When I think back to your posts this time last year, and the utter despair and distrust you had of your secured lending issues, and see now that everything has been sorted out, it must be a great feeling. I am very, very pleased for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 am
Its sounds daft, but I am still not sure I can relax 100% yet! Still got Picture banging on about the secured loan, chasing us for payment! I have come across a rather worrying scenario on another forum, where a poster is in the same position as me, but their secured loan company took them to court for repossession and the judge granted a Money Judgement Order , even knowing this person was bankrupt. I don’t know anything about MJO’s, to be honest but it seems as if this is a procedure to enable the secured loan company to recover the money, even after bankruptcy! I am just still worried that this may happen to us in the future and I feel I will never truly relax because of Picture. For this reason, I will never take the risk of trying to buy another house in future as I would be worried they would rear their ugly heads again with court papers! Silly. I know, but they wont stop their hassling, even though the house has been repossessed and is for sale through NROCK. Picture just will not have it that the shortfall will be included in bankruptcy. I just avoid speaking to them now but the fear will always be there, I guess

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 pm
Surely Jane you should have notified your OR about the way Picture were carrying on. If it was included in your br forms I would have thought it was your OR's duty to deal with them, not you. After all, that's what they are there to do and they do charge for doing it so why not do the job properly? [:(!]
Try not to worry too much though, I'm sure an expert will soon put your mind at rest,
xx
Last edited by chris.g on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm
Why isn't the Official Receiver dealing with this for you? They are now handling your estate, and have a duty to deal with the creditors therein. I feel that you should speak to them Jane and advise them that you are not happy with this continual harrassment, and I completely agree with Chris.

Paul Johns who is a regular forum poster has very good links with all of the OR's offices, and I am sure he would be happy to put a quick call in on your behalf to find out what is going on. Definately worth a call.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
42 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for march”