Just have to tell someone!

42 posts Page 3 of 3

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:03 am
Yes, it is not just Picture either, Northern Rock are doing their fair share of chasing us too, for the £9,000 mortgage arrears, they say we still have to pay these, I was getting about 2 letters per week from them.

I did ring the OR office a few months ago and the lady I spoke to said “ oh, we have spoken to Nrock” but the letters still carried on.

I was really annoyed because last time Picture rang, they rang my husband at his place of work, just a couple of weeks ago, to ask for payment! They must have the bankruptcy report or they would not know where he worked!

He had to put the phone down on the stroppy woman as she would not shut up, going on and on about “secured debt is not covered in bankruptcy” [:0]

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm
As your hubby hasn't been discharged yet I would get back on the OR and ask them to contact NR and Picture again. If you email, you will have proof, if not registered post is always good to shake them, they know you have proof and they can't deny you contacted them! It's very annoying to think that OR's are not carrying out their duties properly. Either that, or the creditors are ignoring legislation and still persuing debtors for payments to try to claw as much back as possible.

To the experts....could these creditors be reported for misconduct or breach of legislation????
It's nice to be back......

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:21 pm
Hi Jane. Really pleased to note your early discharge, but am disppointed that your husband hasn't got it too, presumably because he did not roll over and die if my recollection of our previous correspondence is correct.

Has the OR given up on the IPA idea now?

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:03 pm
No, we are still waiting to hear about the IPA, we had to fill the I&E in AGAIN and send in all receipts and proof of everything we spend! What a pain!

Yes, I think hubby did not get ED because he is questioning this IPA, we did expect that!

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:33 pm
Talk about having the bit between the teeth! IIRC you couldn't actually afford to make any IPA payments and the OR could only conjure up an ability to do so by including means-tested benefits. Presumably your new I&E says pretty much the same thing?
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
www.pdhl.co.uk

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Yes, I just sent them the same I&E in again, nothing has changed , I have a copy on my computer so I know what I sent them the last time!

Its just frustrating, I am not sure why they are so intent on getting then IPA at all costs. On my I&E calculations, we have £20 surplus, and that is with no holiday fund, no xmas, no birthday, we do not have Sky TV or anything like that. We don’t smoke, we have no hobbies, we have no contingency fund, there is nothing for school trips, school dinners, etc

In fact my daughter was supposed to be going on a school trip next week, I actually forgot to fill the form in so she cannot go now but it is £16! I don’t remember school trips being so expensive so I am relieved in a way that she cannot go! So she will be having the day off.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Jane, can I ask you how many times the OR was in touch with you? The thing is I/we haven't heard from ours since the phone meeting. We are still getting mail asking us for payments and even got a paying in book from Lloyds! I intend to email her to inform her we are receiving demands but was just wondering if this was usual practice.
xx

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:11 pm
Yes, we were still chased by creditors for months after bankruptcy, they seem to have tailed off now, the only ones still chasing are Nrock and Picture.

The OR seems to have been in touch quite a lot, at our interview were told no IPA, then I got a call a couple of days later, saying they wanted to get one. The wanted me to try and claim some benefits so they could take the IPA out of hubby’s wage. I tried and am not entitled to any so I rang the OR and told them. We did not hear anything for a while and then we got a letter saying the OR was not at all happy about our explanations for what we had spent our wages on in the 3 months before bankruptcy (it was living costs and saving up £1000 for 2 lots of fees!) I felt the OR was being really picky, they sent me a copy of my bank statement with items highlighted that I had to justify, some of the items were “mobile phone top-up £10”! I mean how nit-picking is that??? Its self-explanatory! They rang up twice about this

We then got a letter saying we may get ED and another I&E form which gave rise to the IPA issue again, and so now they are trying again for the IPA!

I will just be glad when this is all over.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:11 pm
Well we've heard nothing since 21st march!!! I've emailed her to explain the delay in sending the forms, they were 3 days late because I was ill. No reply. We did get a letter each asking if we wanted to buy our life plan from them but apart from that, nothing. I think I'll email again and explain that we are still getting demands for payments.
Last edited by chris.g on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 am
This appears to be highly curious and, dare I say, rather unprofessional behaviour for an Officer of The Court.

It's one thing to offer early discharge as an inducement to agreeing to an IPA, but when you have already demonstrated that you can't afford it I'm afraid I find it somewhat perverse.

I'm sorry but my belief is that the OR (or rather your examiner) is on a mission to collect the Admin Fee or at least as much of it as is possible. I can think of no other explanation for this contradictory behaviour.

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
www.pdhl.co.uk

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:34 am
I know, I will be so relieved when this is all over for both of us!

We have had loads of stress over our house and the debt and then, once bankrupt, the worry and hassle just keep on coming!

Rachael24

Post by Rachael24 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm
Awesome news...Great to hear some good for once!
Recent college graduate with a debt negotiation concentration.
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “postings for march”