Just having a moan

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Qikichi

Post by Qikichi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:26 pm
Hi everyone

My flatmate is on benefits since June last year. She has had nothing but problems from the beginning and is still trying to get her back rent paid from June until December last year. I pad this using my bonus and owe my IVA £753.

Last week I received an email from my landlord stating that he had a letter from the council saying that from end of May they had suspended her rent payment and to contact her to confirm why. Emma never receievd a letter and you cannot speak to anyone. She emailed and has had a response back today statign they do not knw why it's been suspended as the onyl note states more info is needed but they don't know what and does she know?!!!

My landlord by now has no confidence that he will get his money. I only cleared the rent balance in March from Jul-Dec 2006.

I can see this taking a age to get sorted out which leaves with one option now ans that's not paying my IVA payment in July to bring us back up to date. I have never missed a payment before all this started and am loathed to now but as I am the primary on the tenancy agreement I am also liaiable for this amount. Once it gets cleared up Emma will repay me and I will repay my IVA but it doesn't look from a payments point of view.

Anyway moan over.

I love this site and have had so much excellant advice recently.[:)]
37 payments made, 23 to go.

zoe

Post by zoe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:34 pm
Hi There
I would suggest that you ask the council for copies of correspondence. You are entitled under freedom of information for anything that they have on your files. They may charge a fee for this. Mine charge £10. They cannot just say need more info and not tell you what it is!
Hope this helps

Zoe
x
Keep your chin up - everything happens for a reason!
View my blog http://zoes.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Last edited by zoe on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:40 pm
I do not think that you should put your IVA payments in jeopardy to assist your flatmate - even though you have a vested interest in remaining in the property. Doesn't she have any family members or other friends who could help her - or could she borrow the money elsewhere?

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Qikichi

Post by Qikichi » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:53 am
Zoe, Thanks fr the advice. I'll mention it to Emma.

Melanie, Her dad is drawing a pension and has no cash. I'm sure we'll figure something out. I'm just hoping it will get sorted out soon.
37 payments made, 23 to go.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”