just new to all of this

20 posts Page 2 of 2

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 pm
thats staggering offering more money my god.....

neverending

Post by neverending » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:33 pm
You are all so right regarding how easy it is to get credit and while we must all take resposibility for our actions the banks must also take responsibility.Before my debts went pear shaped i had a LLoyds credit card that went from a 2.5k initial limit to 12.5k in about two years and I never asked for any increase it was all automatic.
A few months ago my 19 year old son went to get a small overdraft and walked out with a £3300 loan over SEVEN years with payment protection.He doesn,t have to start paying back for 4 months and YES he has spent it all with nothing to show for it................Great to see that he,s learnt from his dads mistakes[not].Oh and the bank in question.Lloyds!!!
Andy Davie

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:44 pm
yes i also found lloyds very accomodating when it came to credit...think i have posted this before...but back in june this year i was nearly up to my £12K credit limit on my credit card.....then , without me asking.......they increase my limit to £15K...at that time i was around £60K in debt!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:46 pm
now then isn't Lloyds acting somewhat irresponsibly?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:09 pm
Lloyds are my bank, and when I applied for a credit card with them (back in the days when I moved balances around!) they declined my application. When I asked them for an overdraft I had all sorts of problems getting one (I only wanted £200) and they would only give it to me for 6 months. Looking back it was a very good thing, as it meant that they weren't one of my creditors and I could keep my high interest (that's a laugh!) bank account and debit card.
There's no consistency though, is there?

One down, fifty nine to go until freedom!
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”