Just received my "completion certificate". What next?

16 posts Page 1 of 2

akadiri

Post by akadiri » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:35 pm
Hello everyone

I have at last completed my IVA. Just received the final letter from Johnson Geddes attaching what they say is the Certificate of Completion. I just wanted to check that ewhat i've got is what I should be expecting: 3 sheets of A4 paper: the 1st addressed to all known creditors summarising the arrangements and how much I've pad (£44k paid in total, wow!), the 2nd a short statement addressed to Brighton County Court giving notice of completion of the arrangement, and the 3rd a receipts and payments statement.

They have advised me to send this to Experian, Equifax and Callcredit. Is there anyone else I should be contacting? Also, is there anything I should be sending to any creditors - to be honest I've had very little contact from them during the course of the IVA. Are there any other steps I should be taking to repair my credit. And finally, is there anything I need to do to get my name taken off the Insolvency Register?

Many thanks for all your help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:54 pm
First ..Congratulations !!!

In theory you should have to do nothing, but check that what should be happening is happening and step in if need be. Have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

A few firms have started to advise clients to contact the CRA's , but it shouldn't be required but can do no harm. You will come off the Insolvency Register within 3 months ( most likely three months to the day) .
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sheraz.butt

Industry Expert

Post by sheraz.butt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:01 pm
Congratulations!!

Normally that is it. Just make sure from your IP and look forward to a debt free future!
Sheraz Butt | IVA advisor at iva.com
Contact me at www.iva.com/about-us/sheraz-butt

Neverending2017

Post by Neverending2017 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm
Hi,

We are also with Johnson Geddes due to complete next month, Did you have a final review?
We had a review as our income has changed last month - do you think we will still need another review?

onlyspinone

Post by onlyspinone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Hi all

We have just received our completion certs from Payplan :D :D :D
We had to take a payment break of 6 months and were asked to pay a flat rate payment for a further final year to cover the equity in our property but now its done and we have our certs!!
I understand that we have to now rebuild our credit and to contact Experian, Equifax and Callcredit to inform them of the completion. Is it advisable to apply for a card now (oceon/Vanquis) or to wait the 3 months ? Is this 3 months from the date of completion or three months from the date of contacting Experian, Equifax and Callcredit ?

regards N&L

Ps to anyone just entering their IVA , there is light at the end of the tunnel ..some months will be tough but stay strong and talk about your issues as this forum and its members can give you the strength and advice to pull through the dark times..we have found the budgeting during our IVA to be an invaluable lesson in managing our finances better for the future..you will certainly find out who your real friends are :D :D
how much???

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm
Hi, Onlyspinone, Have a look at the link in my post above and also my blog. That will give you some gen. I think it's best to wait at least until you are off the Insolvency Register (3 months). I applied for a Vanquis after I came off the Register, but while the IVA was still on my credit reports and was accepted. Some, however, have been refused -- I think they have some sort of quota system in operation, and luck comes into it as much as your credit ratings.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

onlyspinone

Post by onlyspinone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 pm
Foggy wrote:
Hi, Onlyspinone, Have a look at the link in my post above and also my blog. That will give you some gen. I think it's best to wait at least until you are off the Insolvency Register (3 months). I applied for a Vanquis after I came off the Register, but while the IVA was still on my credit reports and was accepted. Some, however, have been refused -- I think they have some sort of quota system in operation, and luck comes into it as much as your credit ratings.
Thanks Foggy ...reading it now :D
how much???

onlyspinone

Post by onlyspinone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm
onlyspinone wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Thanks Foggy ...reading it now :D

great blog post...do you think its worth registering with Noddle, Clearscore & Credit matcher before contacting Experian etc.?
how much???

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm
They are worth registering with to keep an eye on things as they progress and cost nothing -- better than paying the subscriptions ! If and when you need a "proper" report get the statutory reports at £2 a pop.

onlyspinone

Post by onlyspinone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:28 pm
Foggy wrote:
They are worth registering with to keep an eye on things as they progress and cost nothing -- better than paying the subscriptions ! If and when you need a "proper" report get the statutory reports at £2 a pop.
thanks for that ...on it n upwards
how much???

onlyspinone

Post by onlyspinone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm
Hi all

just a quick update..registered with Noddle a month ago and as to be expected my score wasn't too good but had an update yesterday and its now gone up to 623!! :D :D
Is it still advisable to wait 3 months to apply for a card because using the Noddle card checker says I'll be accepted 100% by a couple and some 90%?

Cheers onlyspinone
how much???

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm
I got a Vanquis card while the IVA was still on my credit files (but after I had come off the Register) --- although it took me quite a while after that to get the courage to use it !

akadiri

Post by akadiri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:00 pm
Neverending2017 wrote:
Hi,

We are also with Johnson Geddes due to complete next month, Did you have a final review?
We had a review as our income has changed last month - do you think we will still need another review?
Hi there, sorry for the tardy response. Yes I had a final review with Johnson Geddes. It happened just after they received my final payment, but they had already informed me beforehand that they didn't think I had to pay anything more. The other thing they said, which they haven't done yet, is that they would make contact with me oin the next few weeks to see how I am getting on and give some advice about repairing my credit. I'm not holding my breath on this as there's probably no money in it for them - although I should say that their service has been very good throughout the life of the IVA.

akadiri

Post by akadiri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 pm
Foggy wrote:
I got a Vanquis card while the IVA was still on my credit files (but after I had come off the Register) --- although it took me quite a while after that to get the courage to use it !
Thanks Foggy that's quite helpful. I keep getting invitations from Vanquis and other such providers, but was reluctant to respond as I didn't want anything to further damage my already ruined credit history! My IVA should come off the register on 22 December!

akadiri

Post by akadiri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:14 pm
Foggy wrote:
First ..Congratulations !!!

In theory you should have to do nothing, but check that what should be happening is happening and step in if need be. Have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

A few firms have started to advise clients to contact the CRA's , but it shouldn't be required but can do no harm. You will come off the Insolvency Register within 3 months ( most likely three months to the day) .

Thank you so much, Foggy, brilliant advice!
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “a success story”