Just some reassurance needed please

6 posts Page 1 of 1

katy

Post by katy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:55 am
Hi there,
After the initial euphoria of thinking filing for BR would finally be an end to my endless money worries, I have now dropped back down to earth with a bang. I am now gripped with anxiety and worry about what will happen to me (not so much my husband as he only has a tiny bit of debt) as I have mentioned before I omitted some creditors from my IVA, so I am concerned they will come down on me like a ton of bricks and have had nightmares about being thrown in jail and such like.
I just need someone calm and rational to make me see things clearly and stop anxting out. I know BR is not an easy way out but it's the only way out for me.
Thanks in advance

Katy x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:45 am
Hi Katy, I'm not sure I can be described as calm and rational (Dave wouldn't think so!) but I'll try!

First of all, you are NOT going to jail! Thankfully they did away with debtors prisons years ago - with the amount of people in debt these days the system wouldn't be able to cope!

If bankruptcy really is your only solution (and from what you've said it sounds as if it is) it will take a great weight from your shoulders. Try and do it as soon as you have saved the money (£485) as the sooner it is done, the sooner you will be discharged. It's not the easy option (despite what some people think) but from the moment the judge signs that BR order you are protected from your creditors. They may still contact you, but you can give them your BR number, and if necessary fax / post a copy of your BR order.

You can complete the BR forms online and amend and save them as you go along which I found much easier than writing them!

Good luck, and if you have any questions please post them and we will try and help.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:01 am
Hi Katy,

Has your IVA failed? Have you spoken to your I.P about the debts you have omitted from the IVA?

Skippy has provided some really good advice, carefully consider whether bankruptcy is the best option for you.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:23 am
You will not go to prison I promise. If you are looking for some reassurances why not check out the many great blogs on this site from people who have already been through the bankruptcy process.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:01 pm
The worst that will happen post-bankruptcy is that you may get a bankruptcy restrictions order. This will effectively delay your discharge from bankruptcy for the duration of the order, but is unlikely to affect you tremendously. The great benefit of bankruptcy proceedings for you is that you will get immediate relief from these matters which are causing you concern.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

katy

Post by katy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:26 pm
Thanks for the help. I have read the blogs and have found them really good and helpful but my situation is slightly different because of the other creditors. BR is the only option now, I rang my IP on wednesday and mentioned the other creditors and she didn't say anything, just said to write her a letter of my intentions which I have done.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”