Just starting it all

10 posts Page 1 of 1

drwho

Post by drwho » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Hi All,

I have started the road to IVA

I kept the financial problems away from my wife for quite a while, but things just got to me and I had to say something. I felt like such a failure, but she was very supportive and together we looked at a way out of our situation.

I have spoken to Julia, and she was fantastic, explained everything and even answered some of my silly questions. My wife has been quite ill with eye problems and the possibility of going blind. So things had been getting to me quite a lot. And just to talk and not be judged was great. I am very nervous about the road ahead, so fingers crossed and hopefully I can take my family on a better and secure future

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:19 pm
Good luck. My IVA was approved in October and it's a great feeling! I won't pretend it's easy, and my wonderful partner has had to help me out when I have run out of money, but it's so better than constantly worrying how I was going to meet the minimum payments.

Two down, fifty eight to go until freedom!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 pm
i it is a good first step.

illihor

Post by illihor » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 am
As has been said many times on this forum, you have taken the hardest step. Admitting there is a problem and seeking help is something people don't like to do.(Including me) Good for you.

You will find this forum very informative and extremely helpful. Please do keep posting, as your experiences of an IVA can help someone else through a difficult situation.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

DMB42

Post by DMB42 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:02 pm
Hi drwho,
As everyone has said...you've taken the first step and I hope you feel a huge sense of relief...
My creditor's meeting was on 4 December and my IVA was approved. I know it's going to be tough, but I feel such a fantastic sense of relief. I missed the plastic at first, especially when I went shopping. I always thought if you've got the credit..spend it, but I quite like the way things are now. I know how much money I've got and I feel OK saying, "Sorry...I can't afford it".
Good luck until you get everything sorted out.

neverending

Post by neverending » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm
Hi
Just to confirm DMB42 feelings in that you look so much more into what you purchase and enjoy the little treats SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more.
Your family will understand and my kids are as happy as ever,they know that we pay into an IVA but obviously do not know the ins and outs of it but when they ask for something and we say "no" that is the end of it.Kids are great!!!!
Andy Davie

drwho

Post by drwho » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:23 pm
Thanks all for your kind words

In a strange kind of way it is nice to know that there are people in the same boat.

I read the forum and see people who are lucky enough to have got there IVA and wish them all the luck in the world.

I cant wait to get this all over and done with and start a fresh

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:27 pm
drwho (Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee?) it will be worth it

drwho

Post by drwho » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:29 pm
[:D]LOL

Im more of your modern time traveller

Altough I wish I was a time lord, a few things would change in my life

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:32 pm
ahh Mr Tenant and co