lack of consistency

10 posts Page 1 of 1

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm
Hi

I finally have my creditors meeting in sight (16th)but i'm having all sorts of fun and games with one particular creditor (Lloyds). I have 4 individual pieces of debt with them. First loan 1. about £21k this was transferred to Apex yesterday and they are refusing to put a hold on this even though the creditors meeting is less thjan a week away unless i make a payment. Loan 2 is around £18k and is currently with SCM who put a 1 month hold on last week. The CC of around £2k is with BLS and they held the account until tomorrow. The Current account (£1k) is with Apex and they again are refusing to put a hold on unless i make a payment.

You cdan understand why they needed the taxpayer to bail them out, complete lack of centralised thinking!

Two other creditors i havn't heard from for months (Mint & Citibank) and the other, EGG, is with Fredrickson who put a 5 day hold on yesterday...with 6 days to go before the creditors meeting.....URGH!

Why, oh Why can't these people just be a touch sensible. I've told Apex 3 times (in 5 days)that they are not to ring me before the creditors meeting. I've even resorted to trying the you've got my name adress and dob now i want yours for when i complain!

Roll on Tuesday....then i'll start to really enjoy talking to these eejits!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:04 pm
The irony is none of these companies will be making a decision regarding your IVA. If they ring again refuse to answer the security questions and hang up.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:06 pm
Thats sound advise Michael and i know i should follow it, but these people, Apex in particular, make the red mist descend.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm
Quite agree with Michael.

Just ignore them, they are only call centres who want to get money from you to boost their wages.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 pm
Whilst I always counsel politeness and courtesy towards creditors, you do feel that enough is enough sometimes.

I am due to speak to a collection of bankers at a conference in two weeks time, so will definately be detailing harrassment as a top agenda point.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 pm
I can still remember the ridicolous level of calls hubby had whilst proposing an IVA.

Even though commonsense tells you its not personal, you're a number in the system...blah blah blah...it gets you down and it certainly needs addressing, I hope you make them see sense Melanie.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm
I would like to think that they would listen to you Mel, but do they really care what happens at the very bottom of the chain?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lisarojer

Post by lisarojer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:13 am
ignore those calls these are only for their profit.you will not get any kind of help with these so totally ignore them
Last edited by lisarojer on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:39 am
Some of our posters do find that they have been helped by speaking to their creditors.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 am
i did personally speak to all of mine and agreed with them they could call me back the next week and in most cases if I remember rightly it worked, it bought time basically before the next barrage of calls began. I never paid them anything and always stuck to the same script of applying for an IVA etc., It's personal choice really, it doesn't bother me to speak with them but others it does.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”