last 250 posts

12 posts Page 1 of 1

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:12 pm
Hi everyone, anyone else having the same problem, I can't get the last 250 posts, when I click on it, it just shows a blank screen?? Been doing this for last couple of days. I can view last 250 social topics, but not the main ones[?]
IVA completed April 2013

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:22 pm
We all are! There's another thread about this and Admin are working on it, but it's being caused because so many people are using the site.

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:28 pm
It'll get a lot busier over next few months methinks Skippy, can see a lot more people applying for IVA after they've maxed all their cards on holiday. Either that or after they fill up at the pumps!!!!
IVA completed April 2013

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:32 pm
Tell me about it - we were supposed to be going away this weekend so I filled my car up on Wednesday. I put slightly over half a tank in and it cost me £30! I've only got a Vauxhall Corsa!

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 pm
That should get you to the next petrol station lol
IVA completed April 2013

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:38 pm
If I'm lucky it will! My car is costing a fortune at the moment - I had it serviced last month, I've just taxed it and now the insurance and MOT are due!

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:40 pm
And we wonder how we all got into so much debt [;)]
IVA completed April 2013

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:06 pm
I got my first loan when I was 22 to buy a car and it was the slippery slope from then on!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:53 pm
I did my first loan when I was 19 - my dad had to act as guarantor! I did ok for a while then I had the first credit card.............big mistake!!!!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:15 pm
We never had a credit card until about 15 years ago, when we were on poor wages we always managed with what we had. How come as soon as your income goes UP, you suddenly seem to get into more debt??

We still try to figure out when it started to go wrong, but we can't tie it down to one single factor. Loans started to turn into consilidation loans and I guess it snowballed from there. What happened to the good old days when you had to go see your bank manager for a loan, too much too easy, I think, is the moral of my idiocy [:(]
IVA completed April 2013

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:41 pm
Most of our debt was from stupidly buying and selling our house. We bought our first house in 1992, (I did not work) things were really tough, we not entitled to any benefits and it was hard bringing up 3 kids with one wage. We ended up overdrawn at the bank and the bank charges just spiralled, we got a loan to get rid of them. We then moved house as the area went really downhill, we were there for 10 years and had to sell the house at a loss of about £10,000. We got loans to cover this, then bought our next house at the height of the boom and had to get 120% mortgage as we had no money for survey or stamp duty or fees. We tried to buy about 6 houses before that one and we always ended up getting gazumped or something else would go wrong and we had already forked out about £500 a time on a survey! We never had fancy clothes or holidays, it is only in the past 2 years, that we have actually been abroad for the first time in my life on holiday, as a friend lent me her apartment. BIG lesson learned there, I will NEVER entertain the idea of buying my own house ever again!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:44 pm
I have had two big consolidation loans, one which bumped my mortgage up no end, and a secured loan (only another 6 years to pay on that!) Both were designed to pay everything of - which we did. Only kept the credit cards 'for emergencies'. Funny how a new car and holidays become emergencies isn't it?

I am so glad I no longer have one. It's the first time in about 30 years that I am not relying on credit and it's a great feeling.

And I agree Beans, perhaps if we had to do face to face rather than press a few buttons, a lot fewer people would end up like us.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”