Last 3 payments

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm
Ah, I see. So the creditors wanted and extra 6 months instead. I can understand that. What I don't understand is why you were not consulted at the time and asked if you agreed to this variation.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm
welcome to the forum and well done on getting this far!! Hope you get sorted soon regarding the extension x
Steven & Debbie

D A S

Post by D A S » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm
Just a quick update for you.
I have just got off the phone with my IVA manager and been told that due to my saying that i did not know about the extra 9 payments because i was not informed about it, they have reviewed it and cannot find any trace of me agreeing to it and so I DO ONLY HAVE FEB AND MARCH PAYMENTS TO MAKE AFTER ALL.
Plus they will review my recent payslips to see if there is anything else due but overall a very happy day for Me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm
Excellent news - really pleased for you.

Good luck for the future.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

D A S

Post by D A S » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm
Just a bit of an update.
I indeed did have extra to pay to cover a bit of overtime plus a bonus that i received totaling around £2500.
I took an extra couple of months to pay it all off but that is now done.
she told me that they will be checking for PPI claims which i have never done which is probably a good thing as i have been told that any PPI should go into the overall kitty for paying my debts off.
How long will it take to get my certificate ?
It will be 6 years next Easter since we started this whole thing.

Cheers
Dave

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm
Well done on getting so far davenport

In terms of timescales it's difficult to say, as each IVA co works slightly differently and some are better than others in terms of speed of closure. That said, some forum members have found their IVA co to be quick, yet other members withnthe same IVA co have found them to be slow

Now every case is individual however one of the regular posters who's name escapes me at the minute is with clear debt but has been waiting from memory at least 9 months since their final payment and still they have not received their certificate

So it's difficult to say really how long closure will take for you but I would say do not despair as you have got through the term of your IVA so just let time pass by until the certificate arrives
for their certificate
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”