Last payment left my bank account this morning! What now?

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 am
Ok so I don't want to tempt fate but ..... WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! My last payment left our bank account this morning!!! Payment number 72! 6 long years ... What do I do now?
Aperture told me some months back to contact them after my August payment was made to get the ball rolling for my completion? Surely they will have started this already as it's not like they don't know when our iva is finishing?! Our Iva has been pretty straight forward, no missed payments, no issues really, I've barely had to contact Aperture.. oh They did say to me back in April that I should cancel the DD after the last payment has been made.
Anything else I need to do?
I can't actually believe we made it to the end.... I darent .... I'm still feeling very cautious..... so I'm whispering my celebrations until I receive my completion certificate then I'll shout from the rooftops!!!!! *whispers* YAY !!!

Michelled0422

Post by Michelled0422 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 am
Well done! I had to do another annual financial review with aperture when I paid my last payment. That was in February, I received my completion certificate April and I came off the insolvency register July. Good luck for the future

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 am
Well done!

They will do a final review to make sure there is no missed income from the past 12 months and then it is a matter of waiting for the CC to arrive. Aperture used to be one of the slowest at this, but have improved a lot since being restructured. That said, completions still come as a complete surprise to them bcause they compaentalise every stage and there is no continuity

Have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm
Update!
I just called Aperture and was told final annual review was done last year, we have completed 12 months extra in lieu of equity. They will cancel the DD today, all creditors claims are in, she will be actioning the start of the closure today and they don't need anything else from us at all! I can cancel the DD myself for peace of mind but the lady said all I need to do now is patiently wait for my closure documents which will take 3-6months. It's all very surreal....

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:44 pm
Michelled0422 wrote:
Well done! I had to do another annual financial review with aperture when I paid my last payment. That was in February, I received my completion certificate April and I came off the insolvency register July. Good luck for the future
Was yours a 5 year or 6 year iva?

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 pm
Go out, buy a big cigar (you don't have to smoke it). Reach over and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. A glass or three of Brandy or Whisky sometimes makes you supple enough to achieve this :lol: Congrats and welcome to the 'out of debt' club.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Possible yes

Post by Possible yes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:45 pm
Jo1979 wrote:
Ok so I don't want to tempt fate but ..... WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! My last payment left our bank account this morning!!! Payment number 72! 6 long years ... What do I do now?
Aperture told me some months back to contact them after my August payment was made to get the ball rolling for my completion? Surely they will have started this already as it's not like they don't know when our iva is finishing?! Our Iva has been pretty straight forward, no missed payments, no issues really, I've barely had to contact Aperture.. oh They did say to me back in April that I should cancel the DD after the last payment has been made.
Anything else I need to do?
I can't actually believe we made it to the end.... I darent .... I'm still feeling very cautious..... so I'm whispering my celebrations until I receive my completion certificate then I'll shout from the rooftops!!!!! *whispers* YAY !!!

Excellent news, you should at least have a slap up meal and some fine wine to celebrate this milestone achievement

We finished ours back in May and now have a AAA credit rating within 4 months, new re mortgage with high street bank as moving house and even a high street c/card with 10k limit

Regardless of some horrible stories, follow the rules, eventually get your life back to normal but in our case within the six years we never missed any payment including existing mortgage, every utility bill, all telecoms. This showed as all green on clear score so possibly helped the quicker than expected eagerness for high street to offer the world

Michelled0422

Post by Michelled0422 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm
Jo1979 wrote:
Michelled0422 wrote:
Was yours a 5 year or 6 year iva?

6 year IVA but I didn't need to do the 7th year as I had no equity to release

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 am
Well done - great feeling isn't it ? Enjoy your fresh life and debt free one at that !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 am
It's been just over a month since our last payment was made and I've had absolutely no correspondence from Apperture at all? Is this normal? Nothing to say we have made the last payment, not even an email to say they are starting the process of finishing? ...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 am
This, I am sorry to say, is normal of the larger firms. They often overlook that they are playing with peoples lives and emotions as you are a figure on a spreadsheet. I would at least give them a prod.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 pm
Foggy wrote:
This, I am sorry to say, is normal of the larger firms. They often overlook that they are playing with peoples lives and emotions as you are a figure on a spreadsheet. I would at least give them a prod.
Emailed them this morning.... hopefully I'll get a response soon :)

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm
Absolutely zero response from Apperture as yet.... email sent two weeks ago!
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”