Last payment left my bank but can’t get excited!

Meet the experts that answer your questions
4 posts Page 1 of 1

J5453

Post by J5453 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 pm
I’ve just had my last payment leave the bank. Checked Payplan plus and my next payment says £0.00. I’ve cancelled my DD but I just can’t get excited as I know it’s not over till the certificate reaches me. I know I won’t get it straight away and maybe 3-6 months.
I’ve got a lot of money left for next month now as my payments were quite high due to equity clause in the last year and a variation to set the amount in stone.

But I can’t feel the weight lifted just yet because I know the completion process is so frustrating and don’t feel like I’m out of the Woods just yet! Did/does anyone feel the same?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm
I felt it was just ike the beginning -- feelings all over the place ... but it was certainly a better feeling when the DD didn't go out again ! For a while I pretended the IVA was still running and saved a modest nest egg ( which I have since spent several times, but manage to replace it) . To bre honest though, the real end for me was when my credit files cleared up and, for all intents and purposes, I was once again financially "normal" !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

J5453

Post by J5453 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:13 pm
Foggy wrote:
I felt it was just ike the beginning -- feelings all over the place ... but it was certainly a better feeling when the DD didn't go out again ! For a while I pretended the IVA was still running and saved a modest nest egg ( which I have since spent several times, but manage to replace it) . To bre honest though, the real end for me was when my credit files cleared up and, for all intents and purposes, I was once again financially "normal" !
I will certainly be saving a modest amount which will be great! Looking forward to not worrying about whether I should buy myself something nice or put it back on the shelf when my head catches up with my heart too! I think like you say, the real relief will come when my credit file looks healthier!

lisakent86

Post by lisakent86 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm
It's the same situation with me. I thought my credit file will be better now, but things changed suddenly all over the world. What can one do?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Meet the experts”