Letters becoming more intimidating

44 posts Page 1 of 3

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 pm
Good evening everyone, can anyone advise - although the phone calls have stopped - the creditors are still sending us letters and they are becoming more intimidating - MBNA are sending default letters and also Barclaycard and Bhs. I telephoned Barclaycard and they basically said there is nothing on the account with regard to my IVA. Earlier on in the week I had spoken to our IP company who advised me that it was up to the companies who voted on behalf of these creditors to notify them as all paperwork had been sent to them. What can the creditors do to us? when I call them to advise them of the IVA acceptance they say it is my problem and that I have to get the paperwork to them or they will take this further - it feels like we are no closer to some peace and quiet. I told Barclaycard to go look on the Insolvency Register - our names are on it if they didn't believe me. Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do next - I'm just going round in circles with these guys. Thanks.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:52 pm
Hi Simbel,

Once your IVA is approved they can do nothing to you. Pass on all letters to your IP and let them deal with the creditors.

Tell them you will report them for harrassment as they should not now be contacting you.

The main thing though is - DON'T WORRY!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm
As Jan says,once your IVA is approved those letters are just words that are non enforcable and non-binding, so feed them to your shredder or send them to your IP
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

bic

Post by bic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm
Hi

Honestly it does get better, Barclaycard are renowned for this, get your IP to ring them if it persist, they did for me, they did turn up at my house, but i had printed my details from the insolvency records and gave them a copy.

the man apologised and said sorry for calling. they cant do anything once agreed. i did recall a previous poster advising that they even contacted the court to approch barclaycard for harassment

good luck

it does get easier i was in exactly the same boat bas you a year ago

cath
56 payments down 4 to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:01 pm
It's about time the call centre computers started getting updated once an IVA is approved.

I answered a call from Mercers the day my IVA was approved and told them of this. That was the last call I had from any creditor.

Other posters have had calls for a while afterwards.

There just seems to be no consistency.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:01 pm
Hi Jan, I suppose you've noticed I'm a bit of a worrier, it's just that the letters now all seem to come on a Friday - when I get home (looking forward to the weekend) BANG a whole load of these letters are waiting for me, and then I try and resolve the problem by calling them and as soon as I say that the IVA has been accepted they get really stroppy and tell me it's my problem, my debt and that it's up to me to make sure that they have all documentation relating to the IVA - I have advised them that our debt company has dealt with this, I have said the same thing so many times that I am blue in the face - I just feel like telling them where to go!

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm
I called Barclaycard Customer Services tonight - same thing, not heard anything about the IVA, need documentation, I asked them to note it down on my account - they got really stroppy and told me that the debt company should have contacted them - but debt company has sent out all paperwork.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm
Don't even call them! Let your IP deal with this now. They can't do anything to you so all they are doing is wasting a few trees.

I wouldn't give them time of day. It's a call centre you are dealing with, not the creditors direct.

Forget about it and enjoy your weekend!
Bob Marley.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm
Well tell them where to go if it will make you feel better. :-)
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 pm
Don't bother phoning them - refer everything to your IP and they will sort it.

You have nothing to worry about.
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:08 pm
Thanks guys - I'll take your advice x [:I]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 pm
Please do Simbel - I would hate for this to ruin your weekend.

If you want to have a rant though - feel free to do so!

Just wanted to put your mind at rest.
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 pm
Thanks Jan x [:)]

blods

Post by blods » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 pm
Hi Simbel,I know just how you feel.It took 8 months from when we first contacted our IP to the creditors meeting.You would not believe the amount of calls and letters we recieved and yes some were very demending.You dont have to answer the calls and just keep sending your letters to your IP.Once its sorted you will have peace and quiet and no bills coming in[:D]
Hope all goes well
blods

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 pm
No problem.

Just don't worry. It's not worth the paper it's written on.
Bob Marley.
44 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “talking about ...”