Letters becoming more intimidating

44 posts Page 3 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 am
Andy did do a petition to try and get the register removed from public view, but unfortunately it didn't get anywhere.

There are all sorts of companies who will try and 'assist' you and tell you that you were missold your IVA. They should be avoided like the plague.

As Lesley says, send it to Size 5. His company tries to get rid of these people.

Hope you are feeling more positive today Simbel and that the postman doesn't bring you any more nasty letters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

millsy22

Post by millsy22 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 am
how can you be missold an iva nobody told us to do it it was our choice as i beleive with most people who take them out these other companies are just out for money should be banned

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 am
You won't have been missold one, but some of these companies will try and tell you that.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who haven't found this forum and will believe it and pay money to them.

I totally agree that they should be banned.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 am
Hi everyone - yes definitely feeling much better today Jan thanks (got some sleep), I will follow everyone's advice, won't telephone the creditors anymore, I will just pass the letters on to my IP. As for the Register - I still think it is wrong that it's out there in the public domain for everyone to read, we are not criminals and they have the right to the privacy act so why not debitors, I'm not saying that it should'nt be made available to those that actually need to see it ie, creditors and such like.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 am
I agree simbel in respect of the register but before joining this forum I didn't know it existed so I'm hoping my friends don't either. However, it's wrong to be public information.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 am
So glad you are feeling better this morning. You'll feel much better knowing you don't need to speak to nasty people in a call centre!

We all agree that this register should not be public knowledge. Perhaps once Labour get kicked out in May, we could start another petition.

We might have a government who is sympathetic!
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 am
We can only live in hope Jan, Leslie!

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:05 am
Oh golly gosh - have to tell you this one, just as I was on this site, my hubby picked up a call from Bhs and whilst usually he doesn't confirm his details - today he did (only because one of the letters that we received yesterday were from them). My husband advised the chap that he is in an IVA since December 2009 - chap advises that he has no record of this, husband tells him that all paperwork has been completed and relevant parties have been sent copies of Chairmen's report signed, and could they please stop calling and sending letters (getting quite annoyed by now) Chap then tells him that unfortunately they haven't received any paperwork so won't stop. Hubby tells him to go look on the Insolvency Register if he doesn't believe him and Chappie replies "can't do that sir - due to the Confidentiality Act" and you are not legally covered just because you are in an IVA - hubby has had enough! tells chappie that he is not adequately trained and go chase someone else for a bonus - hangs up.

Bhs are part of Santander (who didn't actually vote) so would my IP have to send them notification? I will scan in the letter anyway and send to IP (just so that we are completely covered)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 am
What a total moron hubby spoke to! It's about time they had training about how being in an IVA affects them contacting you.

Your IP will have informed all of your creditors that you are now in an IVA, regardless of whether or not they voted.

Can't believe he told hubby that you're not legally covered - it's a legally binding document on both sides and he's just trying to scare you.

I'm afraid if it was me, the second word would have been 'off'!

They can check the Insolvency Register, chances are that he doesn't know what it is!
Bob Marley.

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 am
Jan - I think those were the two little words he wanted to use as well! - but when the chap told him that he couldn't check on the register due to the Data Protection Act hubby guessed that he didn't know what he was talking about[:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 am
At least you know you are covered now. It's just a nuisance, but the calls and letters will stop eventually.
Bob Marley.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 am
Bet the moron can't even spell......register
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:33 pm
Well done to hubby for standing his ground. I had a similar call from Tesco after I went BR and was told that they don't recognise BR!

As Jan said, pass any letters onto your IP - you shouldn't be putting up with this, your IP should deal with it xxx

country girl

Post by country girl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:32 pm
Hi Simbel

I was still receiving letters from MBNA six months after my IVA was approved but they have stopped now. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Linda
44 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “talking about ...”