level of discretion re40 pounds 1 month out 636

8 posts Page 1 of 1

oscar

Post by oscar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm
can anyone tell me exactly what level of discretion is allowed by your IP. Im over 3 years into mine no probs, but have received a letter to renew both our driver licence photos at a cost of 20 pounds each. we pay 636 a month we just get month to month -is the IP allowed to vary this (we have overtime this month nearly 100 pounds in total we would normally have to hand over 50 pounds so could we keep 90 in all 50 plus 40 to cover the 2 liences? which could cover it if we did not have to hand this over) ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED SO WE KNOW WHERE WE STAND AS DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE WE ARE DEFAULTING BY ASKING FOR A REDUCTION OF 40 ON THE MONTH AND DONT WANT THE 40 POUNDS ADDED TO THE END OF THE IVA?? thanks anyone
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 pm
As far as I'm aware the extra expenditure would have to come from your share of the overtime and the rest would have to be paid into your IVA as normal.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm
I agree with Skippy. I think you would have to fund this from your overtime money.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:01 pm
I would ask your IP, you have nothing to lose and £40 to gain if they say yes.

Let us know what they say xx

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:33 pm
Most IVAs have a "contingency" fund, if yours does - this would seem to be a contingency.
JB

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm
Depends on whether or not you save anything each month in a contingency fund.

I know ours is rather lacking at the moment!

I would also say that if oscar pays his water rates/council tax monthly, he will be have a couple of free months shortly and could use some of that money to pay for the licence.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm
I agree with the above and I think that any unexpected outgoing will be expected to come from contingency or saved from other allowances. I hope you can sort something with your IP, I've had to take payment break in the past but am now playing catchup to get out of arrears x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

oscar

Post by oscar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm
thank you everyone much appreciated

hope u are all having a good day today

Oscar
x
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “talking about ...”