Life after an IVA

21 posts Page 1 of 2

Nutkins

Post by Nutkins » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm
Just wanted to share my experience! I completed feb 2012 and received cc in June 2012! Since then I have obtained a small car loan through carloans4u! I have a capital 1 credit card which I pay in full each month! Yesterday my hubby and I had an appt with the nationwide where we have a basic cash card account! The customer service assistant was absolutely fantastic with us and for the 1st time we felt as though we were worth something and not criminals! She has upgraded our account to a flex account and offered us a credit card with £4500 limit!!! She explained that she had looked at our account prior to the appt and gave us nothing but praise for the way we had run our account over the last 6 years! She was totally sympathetic with our previous circumstances and never once made us feel inadequate!

I truly know how hard life is when living in an IVA but want to share how much better life is now we have come out the other side! To all of u still in or just embarking on this journey stick with it as I for one know now what it is to sleep at night and not worry when the phone rings or postman arrives!

Also a big big thankyou to the nationwide bs for treating us with dignity and respect because it brought a tear to my eyes (stupid I know)!!

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:31 pm
Awwwww that is one of the best posts I read in a long time...
TY for making my light at the end of the tunnel shine brighter :)
*** Don't look back, you're not going that way ***

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm
Thats great news Nutkins ! Enjoy your new car ..thank you for giving encouragement to all of us still on route !

Robbieboy

Post by Robbieboy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 pm
Thanks for sharing that and nice to hear how it is at the other side. X good luck and stay happy.
I know I am a good person, I just need to start believing it

See my blog - Life was a misery until now

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 pm
it gives so many of us hope that there is life post-IVA. Thank you for posting and sharing your experience with us and well done to Nationwide for treating you the way they did. Hope your future is a very rosy one.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

geoffr

Post by geoffr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:38 pm
great to hear. congratulations

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 pm
Thank you for that post Nutkins. It is absolutely fantastic to be hearing all the positive news ... and a BIG "Well Done" to Nationwide Building Society too :-)

It is great to see you get credit (pun intended) for the years living frugally (but conducting your bank account well :-) ).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 pm
Fantastic news Nutkins and well deserved too, good luck for the future. xxxx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

stoneyB

Post by stoneyB » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 pm
You will probably find that your reimbursed expenses do not cover everything especially if you are obliged to socialize. I had a discussion with my IP and they allow me extra in work expenses in acknowledgement.

Nutkins

Post by Nutkins » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:07 pm
Thank you to everyone for your posts! I'm glad my post came across as positive and hopefully giving encouragement to you all!

Believe me we went through some very dark days so certainly not wanting to come over as big headed! Just really hoping this spurs you on during your dark times too :))) x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 pm
It's always good to read positive posts in respect of life outside of the IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 pm
Great to hear such an uplifting post.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm
Hi nutkins

Know exactly how you feel and I also shared your uncertainty about a similar post iva thread I made a few weeks ago, as I too worried anyone struggling with their iva may think I was being smug, but like you i received encouraging replies.

Nationwide upgraded me also a few weeks ago and also approved me for their select credit card , though I have a slightly lower limit of £3500

I feel great to be credit worthy again , although at the risk of repeating previous posts I've made , the credit card is for emergencies only, mainly to take on holiday in August as a fall back, as I'm saving enough money each month not to need to use the credit card.

Keep posting as indeed I will.
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:57 am
Nutkins thanks for that post.......enjoy your new found wealth. 12 months to go I think theres many of us that appreciate posts from those that have come through and completed the IVA/BR process.....particularly as it shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Nutkins

Post by Nutkins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 am
Thank you! There really is light at the end of that long dark tunnel so do hang in there! I think it's good to see positive posts as well and well done to you too 12 months to go :))
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “a success story”