Limited Company profits

7 posts Page 1 of 1

workingonit

Post by workingonit » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 pm
Hi, I am a sole director of a Limited company. My company made a small profit last year - just under £5000 after everything was paid out.
My yearly review is due anytime soon and I would like to know if the IP can request that the profits are paid to me for the benefit of the creditors.
This is a worry to me as I have worked hard to get this profit as a cushion in these uncertain times.

Thanks in advance.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:18 pm
Hi,

I've no idea on this one I'm afraid, it's one to sort out with your IP.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 am
I would not have thought the IP would seek to take such a small reserve away from the business, but at the end of the day it does really depend upon the terms of your specific proposal. Probably worth a chat with them at this stage to avoid later disappointment.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 am
If you are a director I take that you'll take this as a dividend on your share/s of the company? This being the case see if you have a unearned income clause. I believe the HRMC determines divi's as unearned income you still pay tax on them but it's just more benifical
to your business talk to your accountant and they will explain. after asking this question on a previous post some proposals includes them, some exclude unearned income and some have no mention of it at all!

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 pm
HMRC!

Insolvency Glasgow

Post by Insolvency Glasgow » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 pm
I was just about to suggest the same as Sponge. If you are a Director I'd be looking to see if you could get it as a dividend. It's an easy one for your accountant to answer.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 pm
Hi,

Sorry, I have removed your signature as you are not allowed one unless you are an expert.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “self employed and company/business”