living with my shame and stupidity

150 posts Page 6 of 10

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 pm
I'm glad things are looking positive for you Neil and you're in safe hands with Melanie and her team

That's really good advice about not putting things off - I did exactly the same and all the time you're kidding yourself that things will get better they're actually getting worse.

Good luck and keep posting to let us know how things are going, and just to have a chat!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 pm
Great news Neil and a good post for anyone looking in.

I think we've all done that at some point with the debt.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 am
Good luck for your future and I can confirm you're in safe hands with Melanie x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Debtwitch

Post by Debtwitch » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 am
Hi Neil

I'm so glad how things are progressing for you.

Your posts and everyone's responses have been great and must surely be helping others to make the leap to whatever solution is right for them.

Once the proposal is signed off and circulated, it's just a little wait until the meeting - just hang in there, not long now!

Hope to read more from you soon.
Kind regards,

Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager

Helping people with their debt problems for nearly 10 years.

Contact me directly for free, impartial, confidential help and guidance.

na70

Post by na70 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:30 pm
proposal signed today.

all i can do is wait and hope for the best!!

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 pm
you're another step nearer Neil.

Let us know when you get your meeting date xx

na70

Post by na70 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm
its all gone quiet on the telephone side of things for two days now..

barclays have stopped leaving voicemail asking me to contact them,however they have sent me a letter today saying they understand i am entering into bankruptcy!!

i suppose all the banks/finance companies look upon an IVA as bankruptcy.

im not really sure how its perceived but i would like to hope that you would receive a bit more credit for trying to pay as much back as possible.

although on the other hand i havent kept my side of the credit agreements i signed with these companies so maybe i deserve to be humiliated in their eyes.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm
Certainly not! You are doing your best to make a really good offer of settlement to your creditors, so humiliation is definately not on the agenda. You should be proud of what you are doing, and the fact that you will be living a relatively tight budget for the next few years, while your creditors get repaid.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

na70

Post by na70 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm
i know Melanie,it will be huge relief if my proposal is accepted.

i can start to enjoy life again.

its amazing how much i've let my life/relationships suffer because of this debt.

i really cant wait to start paying my creditors back.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
With such a positive attitude, you cannot fail - and although you have a long road ahead of you, small steps will eventually get to the end of the tunnel. Glad that the whole process is making you feel happier, and it will soon all be behind you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

na70

Post by na70 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 pm
september 16th @ 10am

thats my creditors meeting.

very close to another significant date in my life for very different reasons.

6 weeks from intial contact with Melanie and her team to creditors meeting.

excellent service and support.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm
That is excellent service Neil......not that I expected anything less from Mel's team [:)]

Not too long to wait - try to relax, its out of your hands now.

xx

na70

Post by na70 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 pm
decision day looming on weds 16th at 10am.

have deliberately stayed away from here because it really is hard to stay calm in light of hearing from others who have been rejected etc.

this last weekend has been awful,cant sleep and really is getting on top of me-just cant imagine what alternative i have if my proposal is rejected.

having said that my dealings with my dcreditors have been very mixed.

northern rock were very sympathetic to me paying my secured portion of mortgage only,really were very helpful and lady on end of phone was very sympathetic.

barclays after initial bombardment of automated phone calls/voicemail have written to say they underrstand im going down bankruptcy route and to contact them when it is finalised.i never once mentioned bankruptcy in my letters to them,i assume they see an iva as bankruptcy and make no distinction.

abbey havent really bothered except to send credit card bills saying i have missed payments.

nationwide have been quite forceful in tone of their letters saying i havent contacted them and to do so immediately.i have written to them multiple times reference my overdraft and credit card bill stating i was entering into iva but they will not acknowledge this.

alliance and leicester have now issued a letter of default regarding my loan demanding full payment immediately despite me missing only one payment and again have sent multiple letters explaining my cirumstances.this letter really has me worried as i expect next i hear from them will be bailiffs.

i have postal receipts that i have written to all these companies multiple times but i have yet to speak to any of them on phone.i suppose the letters are in lieu of being able to speak on phone to bully me into payments-i dont know at all.

i really envy all those people out there who have had their iva's approved,i just want to start making payments to my creditors and do my best to pay back as much as i can.

i take comfort from knowing i am with the best team in Mel and co but at the same time feel so helpless.

in the meantime i am actually enjoying budgeting carefully and taking care with my money.

it really is amazing how much i can make do without and really my lifestyle has changed in some ways very much for the better.

going to lie down my head is pounding!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 pm
Good luck for Wednesday and hopefully that will be the end of the phone calls. You can then celebrate with a few and have a better reason for lying down with your head pounding.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Max

Post by Max » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 pm
Na70 - you hold on in there now - very best of luck for Wednesday J
150 posts Page 6 of 10
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”