Losing the plot !!! today is the day

43 posts Page 1 of 3

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:40 pm
Hello all,I woke up screaming my head off last night apparently,something about them not having my fridge, ha ha, i reckon i have finaly gone a bit wonky.I'm fed up of weetabix now, and want Friday to be over and done with as soon as possible, i have tons of spots, look like a zombie, and am shake, rattling and rolling the pounds off like mad. I'm sure my jeans are gonna fall off if i stand up too quickly. I'm a mess.I'm babbling like an idiot to my friend's on the phone as well.I went the wrong way up the road on my bike, and went through a red light.Mad as a box of frogs !!!!#13;#10;#13;#10;I'm so nervous the meeting will fail the IVA application, yes i will be put on a DMP for 6 months if it does, but what then ? #13;#10;#13;#10;I'm really considering BR right now.A clean start, hang my head in shame, and move on.#13;#10;#13;#10;I have another worry to deal with aswell, next year where i am sitting now will be a pile of rubble, and we will all be moved into new NHS keyworker homes, and we have learned that the rent will be double, so that will be £524 into the IVA and £510 rent, plus council tax, My income is only £1100 pcm, what am i to do ?

nolongeranxious

Post by nolongeranxious » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:44 pm
Hi, I am new to this forum, but just wanted to say that you are not alone. I am in a similar position to you. I am also an NHS worker waiting for my IVA to be approved or failed.
It is such an anxious time, but keep posting. I posted my first post this morning and it has helped me greatly already.
Thinking of you
Regret not the things you have done but the things you have not done... learn from mistakes, drawn a line, move on.
A brave person is one who admits and faces up to a negative situation, seeks help and works things through....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:37 pm
Quark, what a bad time you are having. I am sure everything will go ok Friday.

Once you have that sorted then you can start and sort out the rest of your life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm
Hang on in there qaurk ... and thanks for offering some consolation anxious [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:03 pm
Yeah, anxious of course thanks for the support, i've been in the bathroom, getting beyond a joke now,and i'm forgetting my manners as well.I will of course let you know anxious1 how things go on Friday, and will give you any advice i can.I wasn't expecting the process to be quite so worrying, once through it i'm sure will be in a much better space, i need to look after myself, otherwise i cannot look after the patients.#13;#10;

angela18

Post by angela18 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:19 pm
hope everything goes ok for you.. try not to lose your marbles.. you need to look after yourself.
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:25 pm
If all goes well, i have a year of paying into the IVA, my situation will be changing drastically then, but not right now. When the time comes i will deal with it then, yes the IVA may fail in the future, there is nothing i can do about it right now, get through the next few weeks, get up off my arse, stop throwing up and shaking like a jelly, enjoy some fresh air, thank god that i am not in fact dying or suffering hugely as others are, and these creditors can bog off with the nasty phone calls, until after Friday !!!#13;#10;#13;#10;I got myself into this, and i need help to get out, all good,but i won't be bullied or let myself go.[:I]

angela18

Post by angela18 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 pm
thats the spirit.. your health is your priority.. creditors bit further down pecking order.. keep your chin up!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:52 pm
Hi Quark,
Hang in there, you're doing great coping at the mo. You obviously work for the NHS - I've worked there also for the last 30years!! If you want to e-mail me (hopefully admin can give you the address)let me know what part of the country you're in I will try to help see what jobs are around (hopefully better paid to ease your burden). I totally know what you're going through and as a frontline person you don't go off sick, you just try to cope!!
Chin up, not long to go till you know, (presuming you get a result o Friday?)
Take care, we are all here for you,
Hugs,
Chardonnay
Chardonnay

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:56 pm
HMMMM, I hope what you want to happen happens, not sure if IVA is the right route for you if your situation is going to change that quickly but then I guess something might turn up. Is this a realistic IVA? Are you able to live off your money after payments and rent/council tax etc. Sorry I am probably not helping, I would just hate to think of you grabbing all this with both hands to maintain sanity for the time being? I kind of went a bit ga ga myself with my debt stress, actually I have found its quite a nice place to be....

Seriously, I really hope youre all right and things work out for you.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 pm
Thanks guys,in a year's time i will not be able to afford the IVA and pay my rent etc etc. That is for sure.I do not want to think about it just now, as i have kept a really nice dinner down.More replies in the morning sleep deep forum friends.[;)]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:14 pm
If you feel that the IVA is going to fail at some stage in the future, what is the point of entering into one in the first place? Is your IP aware of the changes you anticipate may occur in the future with regard to your income? If not then you should make them aware of this now and seek their advice as to whether they feel the proposed arrangement is now appropriate.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 am
Good morning Melanie, you may have read some of my other posts,and i have to say had i known about this forum a couple of months ago, i feel confident that i would have contacted you sooner and sought your services. You sound like a lovely lady. I am a mess, and don't know my bum from my elbow just now.I haven't told my IP about the changes that will happen next year, I'm too scared to, B&E although preparing a very pro IVA proposal have not contacted me since my last upfront payment.#13;#10;#13;#10;I've heard they get rather cross once they've done their bit,and are focussed on getting an IVA approved asap, with little tolerance to changes pre creditors meeting. I know i should, just do not know how to word it.

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:09 am
Quark

I understand that youre a mess right now, believe me I have been where you are.

I really think that you should think carefully about going any further with this. Your company have no right to be 'angry' they make their living by proposing IVA's. With that said, you know that you will not be able to go the distance, so what is the point of the company doing all the work? I think even the best company might be a little peed... Why not just save the fees and declare BR, that will most likely be the outcome in a years time anyway? The stress youre suffering now might be reduced if the creditors agree to the proposal but how are you going to feel as you are getting closer and closer to not being able to afford the IVA?

You really do need an end to this stress, its obviously having a dramatic affect on your health, an IVA is a long haul, not a quick fix. Youre setting yourself up to fail, I cant see how this is going to help you physically or mentally in the long term.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 am
I take your point Lili, thanks so much for the advise, the word failure hits like a bullet, i'm torn between wanting to pay my debts off and taking responsibility, BR is so extreme.I am trying to keep up with my studies as well.I have metioned that we are all going to moved into new keyworker homes next year, and the rents will increase.Although we live on a building site right now, i've just been down to the site show suite thing and chatted with the guy from the housing association. #13;#10;#13;#10;Tops, my rent will increase by £120 pcm, from next April. So not as much as i thought. I'm sure there will be some flexibility somewhere.
43 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “IVA creditors meeting soon: wish me luck!”