low priced pet food

4 posts Page 1 of 1

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:01 am
I posted tips for living on a budget, one of the tip was that all pet food that says complete must nmeet the nutritional needs for the animal is is intended BY LAW, so any food that says complete must meet nutritional guidlines
I was quite upset by some of the reply's, so much so that i am unable to sleep.
I have been back to one of the articles I have re this and copied it, just hope it will paste on here.
people were saying we all have uor own opinion, but I was not expressing my opinion the advice i gave was based on that of proffessionals and research, not just something I made up!Complete pet food means pet food which, by reason of its composition, is sufficient for a
daily ration (Directive 79/373/EC adapted). When a complete pet food is fed for an extended
period (i.e. covering the whole period of the life stage) as the only source of nutrients, it will
provide all the nutritional needs of the particular animals of the given species and
physiological state for which it is intended.
If a manufacturer labels a product as a complete pet food without specification of a
determined life stage, it is assumed to be complete for all life stages, and should be
formulated according to the levels recommended for early growth and reproduction. If the
product is designed for a specific life stage, then the label must clearly state this. For
example "Bloggo" is a complete pet food for breeding cats, or "Bloggo" is a complete pet
food for growing puppies.
the document is very long but that is basically it.
was only trying to help!

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by patty

I posted tips for living on a budget, one of the tip was that all pet food that says complete must nmeet the nutritional needs for the animal is is intended BY LAW, so any food that says complete must meet nutritional guidlines
I was quite upset by some of the reply's, so much so that i am unable to sleep.
I have been back to one of the articles I have re this and copied it, just hope it will paste on here.
people were saying we all have uor own opinion, but I was not expressing my opinion the advice i gave was based on that of proffessionals and research, not just something I made up!Complete pet food means pet food which, by reason of its composition, is sufficient for a
daily ration (Directive 79/373/EC adapted). When a complete pet food is fed for an extended
period (i.e. covering the whole period of the life stage) as the only source of nutrients, it will
provide all the nutritional needs of the particular animals of the given species and
physiological state for which it is intended.
If a manufacturer labels a product as a complete pet food without specification of a
determined life stage, it is assumed to be complete for all life stages, and should be
formulated according to the levels recommended for early growth and reproduction. If the
product is designed for a specific life stage, then the label must clearly state this. For
example "Bloggo" is a complete pet food for breeding cats, or "Bloggo" is a complete pet
food for growing puppies.
the document is very long but that is basically it.
was only trying to help!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 am
Patty, the comments were not intended to offend at all as we said yesterday and I do apologise if they did. I don't doubt that the nutritional information you gave was correct.

We merely pointed out that we all have our views on what we feed our pets. Some will go for own brand, some will go for the more expensive versions and that is down to personal choice.

I don't bother looking at the nutritional components of dog food, I give them ones they like - and believe me, they can be fussy sometimes!!!

I have no doubt at all that you love your dog to bits, as do we all.

We appreciate the help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

oscar

Post by oscar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:37 pm
Hi Patty I hope you feel better today. I've been looking after my dad so I did not see the previous posts but I have 3 labradors and always put them first, so thank you for sharing the information that you did with the forum.

I know what you mean though, sometimes comments can seem harsh without intent and I'm sure it wasn't meant this way.It's a great method of support so please keep posting on the forum and submitting your valuable contributions. Hugs.

Oscar
x
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”