Lump sum IVA complete

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Emmat985

Post by Emmat985 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am
I have to say a thank you to everyone who posts on this forum. I have been lurking in the background just reading everyone posts and taking advise from them.
In August I made the decision that I needed to sort my debts out as they were getting out of control. I owed £25000 over various credit cards, loans and overdrafts. Although not a huge amount as a single working parent it was just too much for me to try and sort out myself.
My IP was brilliant, instead of a 5 year IVA I had a lump sum IVA. They sorted it out that I had 6 months to raise the money before they would pay the dividends to the creditors.
The last 6 months haven't been easy trying to save £4500 (£3000 for creditors and £1500 for the IP), but it was easier than still being in debt. Yesterday I transferred then final money to my IP 2 weeks before my 6 months were up.
Now all I have to do is wait on my completion certificate coming out. I know there is another 5 and a half years before my IVA drops off my credit file but in that time I plan to save hard, the last 6 months have shown me what I can do and how to be sensible with money.
I just want to say to anyone else thinking about applying for an IVA, it is very scary and a big decision, but if you weigh up your options and it is right for you, it can definitely change your life for the better. My best tip would be find an IP who you are comfortable and happy with, my were brilliant, always answering my phonecalls and emails and any stupid questions I had.

Emma

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:19 am
Great post and congratulations on getting the Lump Sum IVA completed. Onward and Upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:04 pm
What a great result Emmat985 and yes it does just show how much we can save when the devil is at the door. Good luck in your debt free future.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”