Manchester,25th February

113 posts Page 8 of 8

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 am
Thats great and I was being serious it is worth coming a little earlier, save a bit and get that Mr skint to treat you, and I will be there.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 am
I'm hoping to get to the Birmingham one providing I'm not too broke!

Ang, I've only been to Birmingham once and that was to go to the Motor Show so I didn't actually see the city itself. Most of my knowledge of Birmingham is courtesy of Jasper Carrott!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm
Hi All
Well just got back and wanted to say a big thank you to all that attended,it was our busiest frugal friends to date.A speacial thank you to Lisa and John[Mr and Mrs Skint]for attending.It was good to meet Mel,Andrew,John and Gwen Tegg once again and to meet new forum faces Ian Millington and Mike[Size 5].
We didn't finish up until midnight,the time just flew by.
Was the bottle of wine nice Mel ?
Regards
Andam Davies

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 pm
Hi skippy well worth a visit then. I think Andy was quite surprised when he came. ( skippy still got your cherry B waiting )

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 pm
Gwen and I had a great time at the meeting last evening. We met again Melanie, Andrew and Andy, and met for the first time Mr & Mrs Skint, Ian Millington and size5.

It is a huge step for a new Forum Member to take by coming to one of these meetings. The Forum with its anonymity is comforting, but coming to a meeting is not like being “outed”. You can attend under your Forum name, no-one will put any pressure on you to disclose your real name. Gwen and I had a great chat with Mr & Mrs Skint, and did not know their first names until we read them on here, and we still do not know their surnames. We don’t need to, we were just four people discussing the challenges faced when trying to cope with a very limited budget in a family situation, especially the impact on the children. We also discussed how our attitudes to money and budgeting had changed our behaviour since those times.

A great evening. Thanks Andy for organising it.
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm
Sounds like you all had a great time, I will definitely join in when one is local to me and drag Mr along although he is the shy one of the two!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:31 pm
"little green men!"

Is that something to do with the leeks they eat in Wales Melanie? [:D]

Really missed being there folks, hopefully will be in Birmingham or anywhere in the more southern regions!

Debbie
Debbie

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:58 pm
Melanie is being very kind. I was the driver seeing little green men amongst the dark and rain. Melanie was the slightly apprehensive passenger working hard to keep me focussed on the road!

A good evening, a pleasure to meet some industry/forum colleagues, and brilliant to meet Mr & Mrs Skint.
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company
113 posts Page 8 of 8
Return to “past frugal friends meetings”