MAX Recovery

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Max

Post by Max » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 am
On reading a review of a firm on iva.com there is a comment that Max Rcovery buy toxic debts and then use their leverage to "sabotage" IVAs in their final years. How can they do that for I thought that if a debt in an IVA is bought then the purchaser of that debt is still bound by the IVA? Is that not correct? J

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 pm
What nonsense. Max Recovery are a commercial purchaser of bad debt, largely from IVA cases, in the hope that they can make a return from dividends payable by IPs. In my experience they are a very supportive creditor.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 pm
Max want IVAs to run their course and the dividends paid out. They are certainly not saboteurs and as Melanie says they are very supportive when variations are proposed.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:29 pm
Max Recovery took over my Barclays debt, and wrote me a very nice letter to inform me of this and said that I would not be hearing from them again.

And I haven't.

Max Recovery are a very reputable firm.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 5:55 pm
Talking of Max Recovery they should have had a letter from me today by recorded delivery to update my credit files.

I had two of their statements today as well, still owe them money appearently, guess it's not filtered down to them yet from the IP.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 am
Probably a little early for their systems to update. I find the larger the organisation the longer things like this take to filter through - but Max have good systems and do take client care very seriously, so I am sure it won't be too long before your credit file is updated.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “credit”