May I post this message to Pap?

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Max

Post by Max » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 am
May I post this message to Pap? Look, my wife and I were in the same state as you - my wife even became suicidal and I mean that - she is on medication now. I too felt ashamed and completely useless We have a son whose future, to a large extent, depends on what Melanie can do. You have gone to Melanie, trust her and if you fell low, as you will, get hold of Tina at Melanie's Office - she will keep you calm. Tina did it for my wife and me - Melanie has only just received my docs and already one of her colleagues has been on the 'phone. I will absolutely honest with you - all I could see was BLACK with no end to it - I must give Tina the credit for this but she MADE me see light at the end of the tunnel. Also, to show you what kind of person Tina is, she knows of my wife's concerns because she spoke to her - Saturday morning we had an e-mail, yes, from Tina asking how my wife is. Melanie is the same, asked me about my son, put my mind at rest about something he wants to do at Uni - you really are in good hands. I don't know if this is any help to you but we are both on the same road now. Take care of yourself and family and trust Melanie. David

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 am
David, I am just going to bump this back up to the top of the board in case pap has not seen it yet.
Supporting eachother is a great part of the forum and great news your situation is getting easier.

I have met Tina in person and she is as lovely as she is on the phone. She, and all of Mels team, helped me tremendously and I can't recommend them enough[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Pap

Post by Pap » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 pm
Hi David
Sorry for not replying to you sooner but to be honest I haven't ventured into this part of the forum before, I've only ever stayed on the new questions bit.
Thank you so much for your kind words and support, I've been overwhelmed at the support and kindness here and knowing other people understand the lows and how they make you feel does help. I really hope that your wife is getting better now, I can so sympathise with feeling suicidal. Without going into too many details our life for the last 2 1/2 years has been awful, we suffered a dreadful bereavement followed less than a year later by the loss of my mother and I also wanted to end it all. I was on medication for over a year and, even now, I'm not convinced I wont have to go back on it. We've spoken to Melanie tonight and our proposal should be here within the next few days and we're probaby looking at a creditors meeting mid April but I'm sure I won't really stop stressing until hopefully that's settled.
I really hope that things get sorted for you and your wife, as well as me and my hubby, but until then, keep posting so I and everyone else here can see how you're getting on.
I don't think the forum will see the back of me for a long time to come, I have picked up so much from reading here.
Good luck David, best wishes to your family and hope everyone here manages to get through all of this.

P x
May 2015 - Completed!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:14 pm
Nice to see you are sounding a bit more positive Pap.

I hope you will keep posting Pap. We love people to stay on and give support to both new and old posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Pap

Post by Pap » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 pm
I do feel a bit more positive, as far as I can see we're doing the best we can with what we've got and we have to hope it's enough.
I can honestly say that without this site and the people here this would have been much harder if not impossible and if in the future I can help people when they feel low then I will do so. I know that it will be a long uphill struggle and there will be times when it doesn't go according to plan, but if I share my experiences and it helps someone else then at least something good will come out of it.

P x
May 2015 - Completed!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 pm
I'm glad you're going to keep posting Pap, your experiences will be so helpful to other people xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 pm
Couldn't agree more Pap!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “keeping in touch”